I think it may be time to upgrade from Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_a_g_l_e_p_i

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I've been having issues with Outlook 2010 with size of fonts and other small issues. I love 2010 but it might be time for me to upgrade. I don't use the other products in office that much and when I do my office 2010 works fine for that. I own office 2013 but never installed it due to the color scheme ( not much into pastels)

A few questions, can I buy the latest version of Outlook or the best version so far without buying office 365?

If I buy just Outlook will it give me the options to change font sizes in every area?

To makes things worse for me I just upgraded my 2 24" monitors to 2 28" 4k monitors and Outlook is tiny, I couldn't even see it. I figured out how to us scaling to make it bigger and also how to make the fonts in the email list ( center window) larger but can't figure out how to make the calendar appointments on the calendar and the to do list larger so I still have a problem seeing them.

If there is a way to make those fonts larger I may be able to stay with 2010. Diane mentioned the macro, with little ,to no experience in macros I am a bit hesitant to try it. Diane if you read this and can provide me with a link that shows how to do the macro step by step and if he makes all fonts in Outlook 2010 larger I will give it a shot. If not which is the best version of Outlook only that I can buy that will give me all these options?

Thanks
Ron

A few questions, can I buy the latest version of Outlook or the best version so far without buying office 365?
Yes, but it's almost as much as the full suite.

If I buy just Outlook will it give me the options to change font sizes in every area?
No... its the same as in 2010.

To makes things worse for me I just upgraded my 2 24" monitors to 2 28" 4k monitors and Outlook is tiny, I couldn't even see it. I figured out how to us scaling to make it bigger and also how to make the fonts in the email list ( center window) larger but can't figure out how to make the calendar appointments on the calendar and the to do list larger so I still have a problem seeing them.
Outlook now has an option to lock a zoom level - but i don't know if its in the standalone version.

Open view settings in the calendar - then Other settings and adjust the font size. To calendar in the to-do bar can't be changed = tasks are a view though.

The steps to use a macro are at the bottom of the article

Wow, your instructions on font size in calendar worked perfectly, I never realized I had to be in the calendar to change the font size...DUH

Is there a way to do the same thing for the to do list that is on my main outlook window on the far right? or is the macro the answer for that? if the newer versions ate not going to give me the options that 2010 lacks why spend the money? like I said I love 2010 and have been using it since 2010 or whenever it came out.

Thanks so much Diane

s there a way to do the same thing for the to do list that is on my main outlook window on the far right?
For the Task list, yes, but not for the calendar. Right click on the field names at the top of the task list - then View settings.
2020-06-19_23-00-26-0000.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file location" Using Outlook 1
A Cannot copy this folder because it may contain private items Using Outlook 0
T "Tabs from (eg) 5 May, 18 May and 17 June" in Favourites Using Outlook 3
N May 2017 Fix Didn't Fix? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
Diane Poremsky Data loss may occur during public folder migration Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2013 May 2015 Updates Using Outlook 0
adaminaus Quick question if i may Using Outlook 4
A Need May 2011 14.2 Outlook Hotmail Connector. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
S How long it may take for 'Move all Replicas' from Exchange 03 to Exchange 10 Exchange Server Administration 0
T upgrade from outlook.com to Outlook Using Outlook 2
D iCloud Add-in not working in Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 After Windows Upgrade & iCloud Upgrade Using Outlook 2
T How do I upgrade from outlook.com to Outlook? Using Outlook 5
T Many problems with outlook.com - will upgrade to Outlook soon Using Outlook 1
L Upgrade from Outlook 2010-any reason to? Using Outlook 1
M re-Attaching PSTs after upgrade to 2016 Using Outlook 0
M Upgrade in Progress. Your mailbox is currently being optimized as part of upgrade to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 9
E Upgrade Issues - Office/Outlook 2007 to 2010 Using Outlook 0
A Upgrade BCM System from 2010 to 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
Diane Poremsky How to Upgrade to Color Categories Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2013 search broken after upgrade from 2010 Using Outlook 0
W Outlook 2013 - 2nd acct stopped receiving email after Win 8.1 upgrade Using Outlook 3
U BCM upgrade help BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
F Which upgrade should I go for and how do I do it please? Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 2010 unable to send iCloud account e-mail after iOS 7 upgrade Using Outlook 12
B Two Inboxes after upgrade, how to merge? Using Outlook 4
L Outlook 2002-2013 upgrade Using Outlook 3
Horsepower Upgrade advice needed Using Outlook 3
T Outlook 2010 keeps asking password after upgrade Exchange Server Administration 1
B Upgrade 2003 to 2010 and max pst file size of 2GB Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2002 - How to upgrade to 2003 and convert PST from ANSI to Unicode? Using Outlook 7
J Upgrade from 2003 to 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
S Upgrade Outlook 2007 to outlook with Buisiness Contact m|Manger BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
E How to restore BCM Database after upgrade from Vista to Win7? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Upgrade to 2007, Action stopped working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Upgrade to 2007, lost 'Accounts' info BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Upgrade 2003 BCM to 2007 BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
J BCM no longer loads sqlserver after SP2 upgrade BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
T Custom form created in 2003 won't print since upgrade to 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Custom form created in 2003 won't print since upgrade to 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2