Upgrade advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horsepower

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 for Mac
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and Outlook 2010. My time frame for Windows 8 is within the next 6 months, although I already have it on a different drive. I have 7 email accounts, 1 cloud for calendar and contacts interface with a windows phone (soon to be an iphone), 1 MSN through the connector, 1 gmail for business, and 1 that's on Office 365 web for my second job, and 1 through my ISP <Verizon>. I pop into most. I also have 2 others on windows live mail, but I'm not sure why I did that. Can I get recommendations for transitioning to Windows 8? Thank you.

Will you keep the same version of Outlook?

Transitioning won't be difficult - if you leave mail on the pop servers you'll download duplicates when you set up the new accounts on windows 8. Basically, set up the accounts in windows 8, point the pop accounts to the pst files you use now and let the other accounts recreate the data files and sync.

The steps at http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/config/moving-outlook-to-a-new-computer/ apply to all versions of outlook and windows (dialogs might vary though)

Since it's 6 months away, I will consider the next version of Outlook. It just seems like I am fighting the cloud, and maybe that's old thinking. :)

fighting the cloud seems to be a losing proposition. :) You don't need to use the cloud features, although I kinda like being able to save directly to skydrive. Dropbox has saved my backside a couple of times so I'm liking the cloud. We use a private cloud at work so I'm used to remote storage anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I think it may be time to upgrade from Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
T upgrade from outlook.com to Outlook Using Outlook 2
D iCloud Add-in not working in Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 After Windows Upgrade & iCloud Upgrade Using Outlook 2
T How do I upgrade from outlook.com to Outlook? Using Outlook 5
T Many problems with outlook.com - will upgrade to Outlook soon Using Outlook 1
L Upgrade from Outlook 2010-any reason to? Using Outlook 1
M re-Attaching PSTs after upgrade to 2016 Using Outlook 0
M Upgrade in Progress. Your mailbox is currently being optimized as part of upgrade to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 9
E Upgrade Issues - Office/Outlook 2007 to 2010 Using Outlook 0
A Upgrade BCM System from 2010 to 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
Diane Poremsky How to Upgrade to Color Categories Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2013 search broken after upgrade from 2010 Using Outlook 0
W Outlook 2013 - 2nd acct stopped receiving email after Win 8.1 upgrade Using Outlook 3
U BCM upgrade help BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
F Which upgrade should I go for and how do I do it please? Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 2010 unable to send iCloud account e-mail after iOS 7 upgrade Using Outlook 12
B Two Inboxes after upgrade, how to merge? Using Outlook 4
L Outlook 2002-2013 upgrade Using Outlook 3
T Outlook 2010 keeps asking password after upgrade Exchange Server Administration 1
B Upgrade 2003 to 2010 and max pst file size of 2GB Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2002 - How to upgrade to 2003 and convert PST from ANSI to Unicode? Using Outlook 7
J Upgrade from 2003 to 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
S Upgrade Outlook 2007 to outlook with Buisiness Contact m|Manger BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
E How to restore BCM Database after upgrade from Vista to Win7? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Upgrade to 2007, Action stopped working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Upgrade to 2007, lost 'Accounts' info BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Upgrade 2003 BCM to 2007 BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
J BCM no longer loads sqlserver after SP2 upgrade BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
T Custom form created in 2003 won't print since upgrade to 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Custom form created in 2003 won't print since upgrade to 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
T Outlook 2010 Advice on syncing OL2010 Calendar and Outlook app Using Outlook 0
abnet Advice required re backing up .ost and .pst files Using Outlook 7
R New chap saying hello and needing advice on Outlook 2007 thumbnails Using Outlook 3
B Seeking advice now Outlook 2003 is unsupported by Exchange Using Outlook 4
J Want to 'modernise'(?) my email setup using Outlook. Any advice? Using Outlook 0
O Need advice ASAP! Outlook 2003. Using Outlook 1
K Master Category List / Contacts Public Folder Advice Using Outlook 4
C Advice on custom filtering Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Q Need advice for correct event Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Starting out and would like advice Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C What folders are needed when reinstalling Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
D PST file is needed Exchange Server Administration 1
J Help Needed With Multi-Step Login Email Address Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
E When more than "ItemSend" is needed Using Outlook 5
G Message template / custom forms and VBA Help needed - inserting info into table Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Un-needed Calendars Using Outlook 1
M Outlook Backup help needed ASAP Using Outlook 2
J Email Parsing VBA Script for Outlook - NEEDED Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
K Help Needed - setting up Email in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 3
M VBA code needed to move from Outlook 2010 subfolder to Symantec Vault subfolde Using Outlook 0