Want to 'modernise'(?) my email setup using Outlook. Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jezston

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
For about 10 years now I've been using my email in the following way:

I've got three main email addresses I use - one associated with a long since unused ISP but have kind of become dependent on for general personal stuff, one a free yahoo email address I use for things that might get spammy, and a 'professional' email address associated with a domain I own.

I run MS Office Outlook, and all emails from the 3 addresses are downloaded locally using POP3 (then rules shuffle them into relevant folders), keeping remote copies on the server for 30 days, and stored permanently in my Outlook PST file.

I also use my Android phone to do the same, keeping 30 days worth locally using POP (apart from the Yahoo address that uses IMAP), also deleting from server when I delete locally to get rid of semi-spam emails I don't really want.

Now I have Office 365 which gives me a free Exchange Server usage and Outlook.com, I thought there's got to be a better way of doing this, so I can access all my emails from anywhere - phone, browser etc, being able to access my sent emails from anywhere rather than trying to remember if I sent them from my outlook, phone, web etc - maybe even be able to apply rules remotely and so I get everything in the same folders wherever I look at them from?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.