Journal to show Phone Number dialled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donwb

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
Windows 7 Office 2003

How can I make the Outlook Journal record details of a phone call I have made, including the number called.

In Journal, my "customized" current view has the fields Contact, Start Time & Duration.

However after the call, Journal only shows Start Time and duration, no Contact.

I can select Contacts, double click the required contact entry, click the phone icon,

check "create new Journal Entry when starting new call"

Start call (my modem dials the number)

click "Talk" when call is answered.

Save and Close Journal Entry at end of call

click end call.

Help on this would be appreciated.

It's been forever since I had a computer that I could dial from or used the journal - I don't recall if you needed to enable something in Journal options or not... from my recollection, it should work following your steps. If you open the contact and look on the Activities page, does it find the journal entry?

Hi Diane

Thanks for the response.

If I open the Contact and look on the Activities page, I see the "Subject" field, which says 'Phone Call',

and the "In Folder" field which says' Journal'.

I can use "Customise Current View" to add the field "Business Phone" but nothing appears under it.

The only fields you'll see are the ones for journal entries, and in looking at the All Journal list, I don't see phone # recorded. The Contact that is linked to the journal is listed - you need to open the contact to view the phone #.

This is what my journal looks like when i use call contact & journal - the contact is linked at the bottom. (Fortunately, it opens first, before trying to dial, as I don't have a modem. :))

journal-call.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D How to show just the date in an Outlook 2010 Journal view Using Outlook 1
J What are .PST.db and .PST.db.journal Files? Using Outlook 2
J "Contact" button in Journal entry Using Outlook 1
I "diary or "journal" in Calendar Using Outlook 1
F I want to migrate Outlook journal to excel including contact names Using Outlook 10
E delete journal folder Using Outlook 2
gavin davis Journal and tasks Using Outlook 1
D Journal problem recording correct phone number Using Outlook 7
T Contact Field Data not showing in Journal Entry List Using Outlook 4
J Outlook replacement options - contact journal activities lost Using Outlook 23
G calls to journal Using Outlook 2
R Missing outloook journal entry pop up windows Using Outlook 13
M Sync Outlook 2010 Notes and Journal with iPhone 4 Using Outlook 1
B Are their other Outlook Journal entry forms besides the standard? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Fixing broken Journal links to Contacts in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M New Calendar Appointments: Conditionally turn off reminder and show time as free Using Outlook 5
C Outlook 365 Copy/Save Emails in Folder Outside Outlook to Show Date Sender Recipient Subject in Header Using Outlook 0
N Outlook 365 How to show all calendars at startup? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Victor.Ayala Automated way to check the option "Show this folder as an email Address Book" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Sent emails show iCloud mail account not the alias Using Outlook 2
J Names in sent items suddenly show as Bob Smith (bobsmith@sample.com) Using Outlook 3
S Visual indicator of a certain property or to show a macro toggle Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Horsepower Contacts added from iPhone don't show up in Outlook Using Outlook 2
C All Gmails don't show in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 2
C How to use VBA to show only items x days old or more Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Option to Show Cancelled Appointments Using Outlook 0
Z How to show concatenated categories in list task view? Using Outlook 2
M Outlook .com group does not show up in Outlook for office 365 home Using Outlook 3
F Appointment Show All Fields Using Outlook 1
G Calendar View in Outlook Office 365 - Doesn't show enough hours, and the 30/60 min choice isn't the solution Using Outlook 4
N How to disable shortcuts for Pilcrow in Outlook (Show or hide paragraph marks) Using Outlook 0
V Outlook Macro to show Flagged messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
F How to show assigned tasks under certain mailbox? Using Outlook 4
Witzker social connector 2010 does not show all emails to or from contact Using Outlook 3
Witzker social connector 2010 does not show all emails to or from contact Using Outlook 0
S Outlook.com birthdays show up 1 day late on iPhone contacts list Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 27
A Outlook 2016 Will Not Show Any Data In the People Pane Using Outlook 17
Rupert Dragwater Email flag does not show up in Outlook2013 Using Outlook 13
S Show Total Number Of Items Not Displaying Using Outlook 9
Z Tasks from some users show up as emails Using Outlook 4
Caio "From" field doesn't show extra email addresses in Outlook 2016. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
O Worksheet doesn't show on jumplist Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2013 when clicking To in a new email show Company names Using Outlook 0
C Outlook 2016 doesn't show contacts in address book Using Outlook 2
K Daily task list > show tasks on the exact due date and not on the "current date" Using Outlook 1
Rupert Dragwater Some mailboxes show deleted items as not read Using Outlook 5
C Discovery search does not show autoforwarded messages Exchange Server Administration 1
Thorsten show the correct calendar on start Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Marco doesn't show up when using Alt-F8 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
I Windows 10 - .msg files on disk show Explorer popup error Using Outlook 5