Which upgrade should I go for and how do I do it please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fazergirl

Outlook version
Older version
Email Account
POP3
Hi. To be able to upgrade my phone I understand I need a higher version of Outlook than my existing 2002. Would you agree the best thing is to go the whole hog and upgrade to 2013. I am running Windows 7. if that makes any difference. If I update to Outlook 2013 how would I transfer all my contacts and calendar from 2002 to 2013 please. I do not use Outlook to manage my emails as I use Windows Live Mail (don't even ask), but I suppose I could in the future. As you can see, I do not know any of the technical jargon. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Are you using live mail, the email client or outlook.com?

You don't necessarily need to upgrade outlook, depending on the phone and email account type, but if you do need to upgrade, you will be able to move your calendar and contacts to the newer outlook. I would definitely upgrade to outlook 2013. Its not really worth it to buy an older version.

fazergirl

Outlook version
Older version
Email Account
POP3
Hi Diane, Thanks for your very quick response. I am using Windows Live Mail as the email Client. Just for info I am considering changing to the Blackberry Z10 or the LG G2 and both need a high version of Outlook than my 2002. If I upgrade to 2013 how would I transfer all my contacts and calendar please from 2002. I am hoping it is just a case of downloading 2013 and it does it automatically. However, life is never that simple is it? Thanks again. Christine

Status
Not open for further replies.