Which upgrade should I go for and how do I do it please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fazergirl

Outlook version
Older version
Email Account
POP3
Hi. To be able to upgrade my phone I understand I need a higher version of Outlook than my existing 2002. Would you agree the best thing is to go the whole hog and upgrade to 2013. I am running Windows 7. if that makes any difference. If I update to Outlook 2013 how would I transfer all my contacts and calendar from 2002 to 2013 please. I do not use Outlook to manage my emails as I use Windows Live Mail (don't even ask), but I suppose I could in the future. As you can see, I do not know any of the technical jargon. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

Are you using live mail, the email client or outlook.com?

You don't necessarily need to upgrade outlook, depending on the phone and email account type, but if you do need to upgrade, you will be able to move your calendar and contacts to the newer outlook. I would definitely upgrade to outlook 2013. Its not really worth it to buy an older version.

Hi Diane, Thanks for your very quick response. I am using Windows Live Mail as the email Client. Just for info I am considering changing to the Blackberry Z10 or the LG G2 and both need a high version of Outlook than my 2002. If I upgrade to 2013 how would I transfer all my contacts and calendar please from 2002. I am hoping it is just a case of downloading 2013 and it does it automatically. However, life is never that simple is it? Thanks again. Christine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I think it may be time to upgrade from Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
T upgrade from outlook.com to Outlook Using Outlook 2
D iCloud Add-in not working in Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 After Windows Upgrade & iCloud Upgrade Using Outlook 2
T How do I upgrade from outlook.com to Outlook? Using Outlook 5
T Many problems with outlook.com - will upgrade to Outlook soon Using Outlook 1
L Upgrade from Outlook 2010-any reason to? Using Outlook 1
M re-Attaching PSTs after upgrade to 2016 Using Outlook 0
M Upgrade in Progress. Your mailbox is currently being optimized as part of upgrade to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 9
E Upgrade Issues - Office/Outlook 2007 to 2010 Using Outlook 0
A Upgrade BCM System from 2010 to 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
Diane Poremsky How to Upgrade to Color Categories Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2013 search broken after upgrade from 2010 Using Outlook 0
W Outlook 2013 - 2nd acct stopped receiving email after Win 8.1 upgrade Using Outlook 3
U BCM upgrade help BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
H Outlook 2010 unable to send iCloud account e-mail after iOS 7 upgrade Using Outlook 12
B Two Inboxes after upgrade, how to merge? Using Outlook 4
L Outlook 2002-2013 upgrade Using Outlook 3
Horsepower Upgrade advice needed Using Outlook 3
T Outlook 2010 keeps asking password after upgrade Exchange Server Administration 1
B Upgrade 2003 to 2010 and max pst file size of 2GB Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2002 - How to upgrade to 2003 and convert PST from ANSI to Unicode? Using Outlook 7
J Upgrade from 2003 to 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
S Upgrade Outlook 2007 to outlook with Buisiness Contact m|Manger BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
E How to restore BCM Database after upgrade from Vista to Win7? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Upgrade to 2007, Action stopped working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Upgrade to 2007, lost 'Accounts' info BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
B Upgrade 2003 BCM to 2007 BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
J BCM no longer loads sqlserver after SP2 upgrade BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
T Custom form created in 2003 won't print since upgrade to 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Custom form created in 2003 won't print since upgrade to 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
Alex Cotton "invalid or unqualified reference" on code that should work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
F Should a new email account also create new contacts Using Outlook 2
Brian Murphy Exchange Online Everything a Transport Rule should do and cannot Exchange Server Administration 1
L Should public contacts folder appear in "People" nav pane? Using Outlook 1
E Should I switch to IMAP? Using Outlook 0
N Outlook should use address in address book before the address in Autocomplete Using Outlook 0
A Unhandled exception: picture argument should be an image BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
E Should I switch to redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
E Should I switch to redemption Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
O Third-party VSTO 2005 SE plug-in for Outlook 2007: what should I signwith a publisher certificate? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R Which event should i advise? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Hi, Ken, What should be noticed to avoid memory leak in outlook addin? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T Re: mailItem.HTMLBody should retrieve only current text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Q Re: Detecting whether a toolbar is and should be shown Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Nufc1980 Outlook "Please treat this as private label" auto added to some emails - Help. Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2002- "Send" button has disappeared. Help please. Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 365 Microsoft Support - Please Advise Using Outlook 3
S.Champ Please help? I've imported a random workcalendar I dont even know who's. Can I undo it? and then I need to re-sync the google one again. Its a mess:( Using Outlook 2
N Please advise code received new mail Using Outlook 0
R Disable conversation thread from replying of recipients in the same subject. Please help Using Outlook 0