• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Outlook 2010 Outlook 2010 no longer (?) shrinks large images

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Here's an odd problem with Outlook 2010. It seems to me that the software used to shrink large size/full resolution images down to fit whatever window an e-mail was being displayed in. For the past six months or so, it hasn't, so when a blogger I follow uses images in her posts, which she does a lot, sometimes the images are so large that even when the e-mail window is expanded to full screen width, the image doesn't fit. Worse, the accompanying lines of text run the full width of the image, so I have to keep scrolling back and forth to read the text.

Now it gets stranger. If I go to the blogger's web site and read the problem post there, the images are sized appropriately, around 600 X 400 pixels.

I've contacted the blogger and she has no idea what's going on.

I've looked through all the settings I can think of and there's nothing that lets me control the software to resize the images.

Is there anything either the blogger or I can do to fix this problem, or even just make it not such a pain?

I'm running 64-bit Windows 10 with the latest updates.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
if you save the pictures from the blog and open them, are they the expected size? Do the pictures in the email appear stretched or pixelated?

It's easy to tell a web page to display a picture at a small size when in reality the image is huge. If the pics have a high ppi, they will look huge on a normal monitor. For example, a screenshot from my 4K resolution laptop has a dpi of 288 - its huge on my desktop. If i change the ppi to 96 it's a normal size.