Unable to open Outlook 2010 after adding new email account

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebenezer_scrooge

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
After adding a new email account, I find I cannot open Outlook in MS Office University 2010. When I attempt to open the application, it hangs on the 'Loading profiles' screen, and I see a dialog box asking for an Exchange Server and mailbox name. If I cancel this, I see an error message: "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The information store cannot be opened." Neither of the accounts I added were institutional ones requiring Exchange Server information. An attempt to repair the program from the "Uninstall or change a program" screen in Control Panel has failed.

witzker

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
After adding a new email account, I find I cannot open Outlook in MS Office University 2010. When I attempt to open the application, it hangs on the 'Loading profiles' screen, and I see a dialog box asking for an Exchange Server and mailbox name. If I cancel this, I see an error message: "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The information store cannot be opened." Neither of the accounts I added were institutional ones requiring Exchange Server information. An attempt to repair the program from the "Uninstall or change a program" screen in Control Panel has failed.
Try to edit your profil
Eg remove unwanted folders there or correct them

Try the tool olfix to repair your profile

Good luck

Gesendet von meinem SM-T525 mit Tapatalk

ebenezer_scrooge

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Thank you - can you tell me how to edit my profile, please? Also have you a download link for olfix?

ebenezer_scrooge

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I have deleted the profile 'Outlook'. I can now open MS Outlook 2010, but deleting the profile means I will have to set up my accounts on it again. However, this should not be too much of a problem. Thank you very much for your help; I am most grateful :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Outlook calendar entry corrupted. Constant pop up when you open outlook. Unable to delete or remove. Using Outlook 2
T Unable to open msg files in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 11
C I am unable to open web links in my Outlook mail. I get an error message that states: This function Using Outlook 1
R Unable to open/preview attachments in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
F Unable to open microsoft outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
R Get an error message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable Unable to open the Outlook win Using Outlook 5
W unable to open Outlook Using Outlook 3
K Unable to open attachments in Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 1
S unable to open outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
M unable to open PDF or (http, www or utube) link attachment to outlook messages because of ' RESTRICT Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 2010 : unable to open attachments Using Outlook 1
R Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook, Unable to open the Outlook window. __ Using Outlook 1
L Outlook : Unable to open jpg files Using Outlook 2
O Unable to open Outlook 'MS outlook has stopped working' Using Outlook 2
R Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Outlook could not start because a data file to send and Using Outlook 2
R Unable to open outlook with out a PC restart. Then I have to go into tools, repair, before I can get emails. Using Outlook 1
M Unable to open Outlook. Error: Error have been detected in the files c:user\my name\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst. quit outlook and mai Using Outlook 1
P Unable to open Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 5
T Unable to open outlook a second time unless I reboot computer. Running XP and microsoft 2007 Using Outlook 6
W Unable to open pst file Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
W Unable to open pst file Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
W Unable to open Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
N Unable to Open Hyperlinks in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
H Outlook 2010 unable to open without connecting online. Kept popping up the General Tab to ask me fil Using Outlook 8
A My outlook says an error occured while attempting to open the windows address book. unable to find w Using Outlook 3
C Unable to open attachment in OWA while same attachment can be open from Outlook Using Outlook 5
W Unable to open Outlook due to a corrupt file wgeelan_msn1.ost. Inbox repair tool to diagnose and repair errors in the file. Having difficulty using in Using Outlook 2
S Unable to open Outlook 2010 unless I restart Using Outlook 1
B I am unable to open Outlook. Get the error message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to Using Outlook 2
M Unable to open html file in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 4
K I can't open my outlook. There is a large file in my outbox that I have been unable to delete. The outlook icon on my toolbar has an x over it. Using Outlook 2
S Cannot start Outlook. Unable to open Outlook Window. Using Outlook 2
D I am using Outlook 7 & used to be able to click on links in my emails & they would open & all of sudden I'm unable to. Using Outlook 10
S Cannot start Outlook. Unable to open outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The sertver is not available. Using Outlook 2
R Unable to Open Calendar within Outlook Using Outlook 2
A Win XP outlook 2003 archive.pst file copied and moved to a new PC with Windows 7 outlook 2010. Unable to open the .pst Using Outlook 3
C Unable to Open Outlook Window Using Outlook 12
J Unable to open links in Outlook 7 email messages. Using Outlook 7
M Unable to open Microsoft Outlook & getting error 'Cannot start Microsoft Outlook.Cannot open the outlook window' Using Outlook 12
J Unable to open links in Outlook mail Using Outlook 2
D Outlook Unable to open BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
T Unable to open attachment in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 8
B unable to open signed emails Using Outlook 1
A Exception message: MapiExceptionLogonFailed: Unable to open message store Exchange Server Administration 1
D Unable to open hotmail, error hotmail.ost is not an offline folder file Using Outlook 3
A Unable to open BCM 2003 Using Outlook 1
I unable to open up web links that are inserted in emails Using Outlook 3
B Unable to open links in email Using Outlook 1
N Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server compu Using Outlook 1
J The connection to the Microsoft Server is unavailable. Unable to open your default mail settings...t Using Outlook 1