Status
Not open for further replies.

Eduardo

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hello All,

Sorry if this has already been answered, I searched around the Forums and did not find an answer.

I have Outlook 2013 at Home, when my Wife updates a Contact and sends it to me (at Work, Outlook Home and Business 2010) using the "Forward as a vCard" option, I get the contact info, but a blank "Notes" field. Any ideas or settings that can change that functionality so the entire Contact Record is included?

Thanks!

Eduardo

I'm not aware of any way to change the behavior for vcards - the notes field is not included for security/privacy reasons. if its inserted as an outlook contact, it should include the notes field.

Thanks Diane, I understand the first part of your answer, but I'm not clear on what you mean by: "if its inserted as an outlook contact, it should include the notes field." Can you clarify/expand?

She is forwarding it as a vcard - this is supported by any application that can open vcards. If its sent as an outlook item, it can only be opened by outlook and should include the notes field. forward as an outlook contact or use the Insert > Outlook item to send it.

Forward as vcard creates a smallish attachment with the vcf extension, forward as outlook contact will have a larger attachment and no extension.

There is a way, but only one contact at a time. If you open a contact, then do a file-> save as -> (specify a vCard Files (*.vcf) type, it WILL have the "Notes" field in it.
I also am looking for a way to save multiple contacts with the "Notes" field. :-(

Outlook doesn't support multi-cards, so you'll need to use an addin or a macro to do it from outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
N Contact Form Notes Field Touch vs Mouse Using Outlook 0
K Contact notes field replicating Using Outlook 6
makinmyway How Prevent Re-Formatting of Contact Notes Field When Syncing Using Outlook 10
P Select image in contact notes field and save as jpg Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
L dynamic and static dates in Outlook contact "notes" ie. body Using Outlook 2
J Backup .OST - Custom Contact Forms, Defined Fields, Notes Using Outlook 1
M Customize Comments / Notes Section time stamp on Contact Records BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
P mailto replication in Outlook Contact Notes Using Outlook 4
C Outlook Custom Contact Form Attach Files in new notes fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Changing Contact Notes Font Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
M Bulk Edit contact notes BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M Notes / Comments in Contact - Text is there but not indexed or searchable BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
A Searching for text in Contact notes Using Outlook 2
D Outlook Contact Notes show previous history with strike through. Using Outlook 1
Y Contact Notes Issue Using Outlook 6
F Text Format Change - Bulk Edit Contact Notes Using Outlook 2
Q More than one Notes section in custom contact forms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Outlook 2021 Add Picture to Custom Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
AndyZ Contact Custom Form Tiny Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A How to reduce size of custom contact form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Custom Contact card - need help creating one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
U Outlook 2021 not showing contact cards in Searches Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker How to get the button Karte ( map) in custom contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Adding a contact to a specific folder Using Outlook 0
B Linking contact to an Appointment Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 How to get a Photo in a User Defined Contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to send an Email Template from User Defined Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
jehan2256 "History" button in Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Edit contact from email does not open the user defined contactform Using Outlook 3
Horsepower Contact phone numbers randomly change Using Outlook 0
Witzker Set Cursor & Focus from any field to the body of a user Contact form in OL 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker Place cursor at opening, a user defined OL contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Contact deletion Using Outlook 2
R Roadrunner Email Settings | Contact Roadrunner Customer Support Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Accessing ALL Outlook contact fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Outlook 365 Shared mailbox contact group member numbers not matching Using Outlook 0
D Contact Group - Adding Bulk Addresses Using Outlook 2
F Outlook 365 No scroll bars in Contact Using Outlook 2
J "Contact" button in Journal entry Using Outlook 1
Witzker How to find all emails from and to a contact in OL 2019 Using Outlook 6
D Advanced e-Mail search on from/to contact group only searches for first 20 contacts in group Using Outlook 0
G Send a greeting message to a contact on birthday Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S CONTACT FIELD PRINT ORDER Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Button PDF in Outlook Contact custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Outlook 365 - How to create / copy a new contact from an existing one? Using Outlook 5
N contact list seen in Contact folder but knot in Address book or when 'TO' button is clicked in new email Using Outlook 0
M Disable Contact Card Results when using "Search People" in Outlook Ribbon Using Outlook 7
M Contact suggestion Using Outlook 2
H Custom Outlook Contact Form VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1