Private messages not forwarding by rule? Outlook 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

drubin007

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Greetings... I am having an issue I cannot get my arms around, have spent the past few days looking, but cannot come up with anything solid.

the network is as follows: Exchange 2003 Server, clients run Outlook 2007.

We have group set up (distribution groups) for e-mail... for example location@yourcompany.com

this is an external e-mail and sends messages to a group that has access to the messages.

In addition to the group, there is a client side mail rule enabled to send a copy of the inbound messages to a certain users mailbox...

Any inbound messages sent to the group (location@yourcompany.com) are delivered, and a copy is also sent to the user delegated by the mail rule.

If the message is marked as private, the user delegated does not recieve the message. if no sensitivity is selected, the message is delivered as expected.

I deleted the mail rule and recreated, I also created additional mail rules adding the sensitivity option. I have 3 rules set up at this time,all the same but with different sensitivity levels (normal, confidential and private).

Despite these rules, anything marked as private will not forward to the delegate as instructed by rule. To further test this, I added myself a a recipient to the messages and I also do not recieve them.

Let me add that all the recipients are internal to the organization, no outside routing is a factor to this.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Nufc1980 Outlook "Please treat this as private label" auto added to some emails - Help. Using Outlook 3
A Cannot copy this folder because it may contain private items Using Outlook 0
N Private check box in table view Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky How to Easily Change the Private Flag Using Outlook 0
A Customize meeting form. Private notices Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Shared Mailbox with mail item marked as "private" Using Outlook 0
O Add private notes or comments to Outlook meeting invite Using Outlook 4
L Showing @live account in outlook 2013 calendar as private appointment Using Outlook 1
R Default Start time for Private Appointment Using Outlook 4
N Outlook Shared appointments automatically to Private Calendar Using Outlook 1
Britonius Delegate cannot view meetings marked Private by Another Chairperson Using Outlook 7
W Outlook 2010 - Displaying Private Appointments In Shared Calendars Using Outlook 1
R Private Sub Application_ItemSend() -Cannot make this code work in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
G Private Address Groups Using Outlook 0
K Private Calendar events Using Outlook 3
M Auto-color all Calendar items based on condition: Private Using Outlook 6
M Can't mark appointments as private for other user Using Outlook 1
K Private meetings do no show in meeting scheduling Using Outlook 2
J Printing Private Appointment Detail on Calendar Printing Assistance Using Outlook 0
J Printing Private Appointments on Caledar Printing Assistance Using Outlook 2
F Checkbox Private Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Calendar private appointments, an unresolved question... Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R auto-copy from private to public folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Automark incoming appointment request as private Using Outlook 3
mrrobski68 Issue with Find messages in a conversation macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Reply to Outlook messages by moving messages to a specific Outlook folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Modify VBA to create a RULE to block multiple messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Question marks in messages Using Outlook 2
L How Stop Outlook Nag Messages Using Outlook 1
C Trying to move messages between imap accounts/folders Using Outlook 5
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about installing my Gmail account on my iPhone but still getting messages downloaded to my desktop Outlook. Using Outlook 3
P now on office 365 but getting error messages about missing Outlook 2013 cache folders Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 365 Forward Meeting Related Messages to Specific Meeting Organizer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V Macro to count flagged messages? Using Outlook 2
G Automatically delete messages in the synchronization folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B IMAP server rejects sent email - cannot deliver messages Using Outlook 2
J Deliver new messages to New or Existing Data File? Using Outlook 2
M Messages Intermittently Dont Arrive In Sent Items After Sending Successfully Using Outlook 4
N Save selected messages VBA does not save replies and/or messages that contain : in subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Travis Lloyd Messages Won't Display In Outlook 2019 Home & Business Using Outlook 0
M White square in body of Outlook Messages (O2016 Version 2012 32bit Click To Run) Using Outlook 4
R Why doesn't outlook use "Normal" style for new messages? Using Outlook 4
S Customize the autocolor font choices for replying/forwarding messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B User defined field for messages with 'me' in the [To], [Cc] line Using Outlook 0
R Outlook Autoforward rule do not work for NDR messages Using Outlook 1
S Conditional Formatting for messages in a Conversation thread Using Outlook 1
GregS Outlook 2016 Sent Items vs Sent Messages Using Outlook 2
S Messages moved / deleted by auto-archive are not synchronized to exchange Exchange Server Administration 8
A Create date folder and move messages daily Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
ChrisK2 Send email to advertise@slipstick.com fails: "The group advertising isn't set up to receive messages from..." Using Outlook 3