Calendar private appointments, an unresolved question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alberto_5015

In Outlook 2003's calendar view you can see a placeholder for a private

appointment in another person's calendar.

There is a way to retrive non-confidential information (start, end and

free/busy status) by vba or it is impossible???

Thanks in advance,

Alberto
 
A

Alan Moseley

You need to use the GetFreeBusy method of the AddressEntry object to do this.

Alan Moseley IT Consultancy

http://www.amitc.co.uk

If I have solved your problem, please click Yes below. Thanks.

"Alberto_5015" wrote:


> In Outlook 2003's calendar view you can see a placeholder for a private
> appointment in another person's calendar.

> There is a way to retrive non-confidential information (start, end and
> free/busy status) by vba or it is impossible???

> Thanks in advance,
> Alberto
 
A

Alberto_5015

Hi Alan, thanks for the hint!

I'm trying to do some experiments with the the GetFreeBusy method,

but it seems a little unpredictable...

Sometimes I got the right day and hour of an hidden appointment,

but sometime they are wrong!

And how can I find the end of the appointment???

Can anyone post a little example?

Thanks in advance,

Alberto

"Alan Moseley" wrote:


> You need to use the GetFreeBusy method of the AddressEntry object to do this.
> > Alan Moseley IT Consultancy
> http://www.amitc.co.uk

> If I have solved your problem, please click Yes below. Thanks.

> "Alberto_5015" wrote:
>
> > In Outlook 2003's calendar view you can see a placeholder for a private
> > appointment in another person's calendar.
> > There is a way to retrive non-confidential information (start, end and
> > free/busy status) by vba or it is impossible???
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Alberto
 
A

Alan Moseley

GetFreeBusy does not get the start and end times of appointments as you have

probably figured out. If a user has created an appointment in their

calendar, it will detect whether they have set the 'Show Time As' box to free

or busy. If the user has not done this then the method will not return the

information that you are expecting. Some sample code:-

Public Function GetFreeBusyOfSomeone(Person As String) As String

Dim objRecipient As Recipient

Dim objAddressEntry As AddressEntry

Dim strFreeBusy As String

Set objRecipient = Outlook.Session.CreateRecipient(Person)

objRecipient.Resolve

If objRecipient.Resolved Then

Set objAddressEntry = objRecipient.AddressEntry

strFreeBusy = objAddressEntry.GetFreeBusy(#7/7/2009#, 60)

Set objAddressEntry = Nothing

End If

Set objRecipient = Nothing

GetFreeBusyOfSomeone=strFreeBusy

End Sub

This gets a string showing Fred Bloggs free or busy status starting on the

7th July in 60 minute intervals for the next 30 days. Therefore if the first

character in the string is a 0 then the person is free from 00:00 till 01:00.

If it is a 1 then the person is marked as busy from 00:00 to 01:00, and so

on.

Alan Moseley IT Consultancy

http://www.amitc.co.uk

If I have solved your problem, please click Yes below. Thanks.

"Alberto_5015" wrote:


> Hi Alan, thanks for the hint!

> I'm trying to do some experiments with the the GetFreeBusy method,
> but it seems a little unpredictable...
> Sometimes I got the right day and hour of an hidden appointment,
> but sometime they are wrong!

> And how can I find the end of the appointment???

> Can anyone post a little example?

> Thanks in advance,
> Alberto

> "Alan Moseley" wrote:
>
> > You need to use the GetFreeBusy method of the AddressEntry object to do this.
> > > > Alan Moseley IT Consultancy
> > http://www.amitc.co.uk
> > If I have solved your problem, please click Yes below. Thanks.
> > "Alberto_5015" wrote:
> >
> > > In Outlook 2003's calendar view you can see a placeholder for a private
> > > appointment in another person's calendar.
> > > > There is a way to retrive non-confidential information (start, end and
> > > free/busy status) by vba or it is impossible???
> > > > Thanks in advance,
> > > Alberto
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Outlook Shared appointments automatically to Private Calendar Using Outlook 1
L Showing @live account in outlook 2013 calendar as private appointment Using Outlook 1
K Private Calendar events Using Outlook 3
M Auto-color all Calendar items based on condition: Private Using Outlook 6
J Printing Private Appointment Detail on Calendar Printing Assistance Calendar Printing Assistant 0
S how do I set up shared calendar so some can see private details and others can not? Using Outlook 2
D How to push a second outlook 2007 'private' calendar on exchange 2007 to my mobile phone. Using Outlook 1
H Private Calendar Entries Using Outlook 1
C Re: Outlook 2010 - Shared Calendar sets all items as private. Using Outlook 3
G How can I delete a private appointment in shared calendar in public folders? Using Outlook 1
A Calendar items are being changed to a private event after I input them into my calendar. Using Outlook 2
B Private Appts. in Outlook 2007 Calendar Sharing Using Outlook 2
K UDF with formula not showing on Calendar custom view. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M In Outlook Calendar remove the buttons: 'Today' and '<' (Back a day) and '>' (Forward a day) that are below the Ribbon and above the calendar display. Using Outlook 0
U Macro for reminders,tasks,calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
O Calendar - appointment templates and categories Using Outlook 1
HarvMan Outlook 365 Calendar Using Outlook 12
A calendar invites sent from Microsoft Outlook to Mac Outlook is not working Calendar Printing Assistant 3
P Categorize in Calendar not listed under tags in Office 365 (Office 2016) Using Outlook 5
O Export Outlook calendar appointments by filters and date range Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Weekend View in Calendar Using Outlook 1
D Add date next to day name in Outlook Today calendar view Using Outlook 1
A Birthdays from .csv to Calendar - arriving day behind Using Outlook 5
C Put Day of Year into Outlook Calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J can't sync outlook calendar contacts with iphone ipad Using Outlook 4
C Outlook Calendar Using Outlook 1
L Deleting Office 365 calendar appt w/o emailing invitees Using Outlook 3
sahameed82 SharePoint calendar directly open in Outlook Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2016 Migrate 'On My Computer' (local storage) Calendar from Mac Outlook to Exchange Account Using Outlook 5
TomHuckstep Outlook 2016 Limit the number of days syncing from Google Calendar Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 Changing events in Outlook calendar via opening file, importing CSV Using Outlook 0
Jennifer Murphy Add birthdays to calendar Using Outlook 7
M Creating an RSS Feed **FROM** Outlook 2013 Calendar. Using Outlook 5
K Accentuating today in Outlook calendar month view Using Outlook 2
S outlook 2007 calendar search Using Outlook 6
V iCloud calendar sync problems Using Outlook 13
J Copy to calendar function no longer working in outlook 365 Using Outlook 5
T why are the calendar icons different for different accounts Using Outlook 2
D Can Exchange Admin Center create a pst for users email/contacts/calendar? Exchange Server Administration 0
P OWA Settings->Calendar->Events from Email; Setting changes do not hold Using Outlook 1
W Outlook Calendar does not save view any longer! Using Outlook 3
M move to iCloud not working in outlook calendar Using Outlook 12
C Shading every other week on monthly calendar Using Outlook 4
cricket1001 Problems with calendar syncing Using Outlook 0
cricket1001 Shade non-working days in calendar Using Outlook 0
F My hotmail calendar is not syncing with my outlook but my email is Using Outlook 3
M Where is the setting to *turn off* open calendar in a new window? Using Outlook 3
T Outlook 2010 Advice on syncing OL2010 Calendar and Outlook app Using Outlook 0
M Custom Calendar Print Suggestions? Using Outlook 0
L Time format in Outlook calendar and emails Using Outlook 0
Similar threads


















































Top