Private Calendar events

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwhines

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server

forgive me if this is a duplicate question.

I have several people that share a calendar. I was asked the other day if a Private appointment could be shared between two individuals on the shared calendar?

Ex - Users A, B, C and D have publishing/author. The others have the viewer permission.

I am trying to find out if there is a way to place a "Private Calendar Event" on a shared calendar that only two people can view out of the 6-8 that have permissions to the calendar. The two people that want to share the Private appointment have publishing/author.

Thank you for you help!

Last edited by a moderator:

kwhines

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Delegate permissions can be set to allow others to see the private appt, but you can't set it per appt - ie, user1 and 2 can see appt1 that is marked private and user1 and 3 see event1 which is also marked private.
Thanks for the reply. It seems the option you gave me doesn't work or I am doing something wrong. When User1 and User2 are attempting to view the private appointment/event only the owner can see the contents. Does giving delegate permissions as well as calendar permissions conflict? User1 is owner of the calendar. User2 is a delegate with Author permissions and has calendar permissions with Author permissions.

Thanks

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Typically, the highest permission level wins but its possible direct permissions override delegate. Delegate permission is the only way to see private items though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Showing @live account in outlook 2013 calendar as private appointment Using Outlook 1
N Outlook Shared appointments automatically to Private Calendar Using Outlook 1
M Auto-color all Calendar items based on condition: Private Using Outlook 6
J Printing Private Appointment Detail on Calendar Printing Assistance Calendar Printing Assistant 0
S how do I set up shared calendar so some can see private details and others can not? Using Outlook 2
D How to push a second outlook 2007 'private' calendar on exchange 2007 to my mobile phone. Using Outlook 1
H Private Calendar Entries Using Outlook 1
C Re: Outlook 2010 - Shared Calendar sets all items as private. Using Outlook 3
A Calendar private appointments, an unresolved question... Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Cannot copy this folder because it may contain private items Using Outlook 0
N Private check box in table view Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky How to Easily Change the Private Flag New Slipstick.com Articles 0
A Customize meeting form. Private notices Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Shared Mailbox with mail item marked as "private" Using Outlook 0
O Add private notes or comments to Outlook meeting invite Using Outlook 4
R Default Start time for Private Appointment Using Outlook 4
Britonius Delegate cannot view meetings marked Private by Another Chairperson Using Outlook 7
W Outlook 2010 - Displaying Private Appointments In Shared Calendars Using Outlook 1
R Private Sub Application_ItemSend() -Cannot make this code work in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
G Private Address Groups Using Outlook 0
D Private messages not forwarding by rule? Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
M Can't mark appointments as private for other user Using Outlook 1
L Allow private fields Outlook Wishlist 0
K Private meetings do no show in meeting scheduling Using Outlook 2
J Printing Private Appointments on Caledar Printing Assistance Calendar Printing Assistant 2
S exchange 2010 in private cloud Exchange Server Administration 5
J Coexist Private SAN certificate with 3rd party verisign certificate together in same Exchange 2010 C Exchange Server Administration 6
S How do I mark an email I want to send as 'private'? Using Outlook 2
U 'private' email not private Using Outlook 0
U 'private' email Using Outlook 1
F Checkbox Private Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R auto-copy from private to public folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Automark incoming appointment request as private Using Outlook 3
J O365 - Adding Shared Google Calendar ICS link issue in O365 Using Outlook 0
B Outlook Calendar not coming down from cloud Using Outlook 2
J Time Zone Issues - Outlook Calendar and Webcal Feed Using Outlook 8
N Backing Up Exchange Calendar Using Outlook 13
N Having Shared Calendar shift to Current day Using Outlook 0
K UDF with formula not showing on Calendar custom view. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M In Outlook Calendar remove the buttons: 'Today' and '<' (Back a day) and '>' (Forward a day) that are below the Ribbon and above the calendar display. Using Outlook 0
U Macro for reminders,tasks,calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
O Calendar - appointment templates and categories Using Outlook 1
HarvMan Outlook 365 Calendar Using Outlook 12
A calendar invites sent from Microsoft Outlook to Mac Outlook is not working Calendar Printing Assistant 3
P Categorize in Calendar not listed under tags in Office 365 (Office 2016) Using Outlook 5
O Export Outlook calendar appointments by filters and date range Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Weekend View in Calendar Using Outlook 1
D Add date next to day name in Outlook Today calendar view Using Outlook 1
A Birthdays from .csv to Calendar - arriving day behind Using Outlook 5
C Put Day of Year into Outlook Calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2