Private Calendar events

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwhines

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
icon1.png

forgive me if this is a duplicate question.

I have several people that share a calendar. I was asked the other day if a Private appointment could be shared between two individuals on the shared calendar?

Ex - Users A, B, C and D have publishing/author. The others have the viewer permission.

I am trying to find out if there is a way to place a "Private Calendar Event" on a shared calendar that only two people can view out of the 6-8 that have permissions to the calendar. The two people that want to share the Private appointment have publishing/author.

Thank you for you help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Delegate permissions can be set to allow others to see the private appt, but you can't set it per appt - ie, user1 and 2 can see appt1 that is marked private and user1 and 3 see event1 which is also marked private.

Delegate permissions can be set to allow others to see the private appt, but you can't set it per appt - ie, user1 and 2 can see appt1 that is marked private and user1 and 3 see event1 which is also marked private.

Thanks for the reply. It seems the option you gave me doesn't work or I am doing something wrong. When User1 and User2 are attempting to view the private appointment/event only the owner can see the contents. Does giving delegate permissions as well as calendar permissions conflict? User1 is owner of the calendar. User2 is a delegate with Author permissions and has calendar permissions with Author permissions.

Thanks

Typically, the highest permission level wins but its possible direct permissions override delegate. Delegate permission is the only way to see private items though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Showing @live account in outlook 2013 calendar as private appointment Using Outlook 1
N Outlook Shared appointments automatically to Private Calendar Using Outlook 1
M Auto-color all Calendar items based on condition: Private Using Outlook 6
J Printing Private Appointment Detail on Calendar Printing Assistance Using Outlook 0
A Calendar private appointments, an unresolved question... Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Nufc1980 Outlook "Please treat this as private label" auto added to some emails - Help. Using Outlook 3
A Cannot copy this folder because it may contain private items Using Outlook 0
N Private check box in table view Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky How to Easily Change the Private Flag Using Outlook 0
A Customize meeting form. Private notices Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Shared Mailbox with mail item marked as "private" Using Outlook 0
O Add private notes or comments to Outlook meeting invite Using Outlook 4
R Default Start time for Private Appointment Using Outlook 4
Britonius Delegate cannot view meetings marked Private by Another Chairperson Using Outlook 7
W Outlook 2010 - Displaying Private Appointments In Shared Calendars Using Outlook 1
R Private Sub Application_ItemSend() -Cannot make this code work in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
G Private Address Groups Using Outlook 0
D Private messages not forwarding by rule? Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
M Can't mark appointments as private for other user Using Outlook 1
K Private meetings do no show in meeting scheduling Using Outlook 2
J Printing Private Appointments on Caledar Printing Assistance Using Outlook 2
F Checkbox Private Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R auto-copy from private to public folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Automark incoming appointment request as private Using Outlook 3
Fozzie Bear Calendar Events created on iPhone have suddenly start sending invitations to attendees Using Outlook 2
J Set calendar default to 'none' (policy) Exchange Server Administration 3
J Calendar events created on iPhone automatically changing default alert from 'None' to 'Time of Event' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
G Creating Macro to scrape emails from calendar invite body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
P Can no longer sync Outlook with iPhone calendar after iPhone update to 17.1.1 Using Outlook 7
P turn off the default "all day" check box in new calendar items. How? Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 365 New Appointments All saved to a 365 default calendar on Mac Using Outlook 0
V Unchecking my calendar and leaving shared one visible Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V VBA Categories unrelated to visible calendar and Visual appointment Categories Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M New Calendar Appointments: Conditionally turn off reminder and show time as free Using Outlook 5
J Cannot edit a calendar event received as an invitation Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 365 O365 outlook calendar item editing Using Outlook 1
Kika Melo Outlook Calendar deleted appointments not in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
P Copying ALL calendar entries from Calender in PST file to IMAP OST file? Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about calendar Using Outlook 5
icacream Outlook 2021 - Google calendar in the peek Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i MY Outlook 2021 changed the format of the shortcuts for mail, calendar etc. Using Outlook 10
Fozzie Bear Shared Calendar For Scheduled Tasks Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
K Add an entry to a specific calendar Using Outlook 1
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Synch Outlook 365 calendar with iPhone Using Outlook 0
C Recover calendar Using Outlook 0
R How to prevent corrupted Notes format in Calendar and Contacts Using Outlook 0
L Duplicate calendar entries in Outlook 365 Using Outlook 3