Add private notes or comments to Outlook meeting invite

Status
Not open for further replies.

outl00ker

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
My clients send me Outlook invites often. I would like to append notes or comments to such an Outlook invite, in such a way that:

1. My client will not be able to see the notes
2. I won't have to send an update to every invitee or the creator of the invite, after adding the note or comment

I'm on Outlook 2010. Please let me know how this can be done. Thanks.

adding comments to the notes field shouldn't generate an update. if it does, click save then don't send update. However, future updates will include the notes. if you use onenote, you can link the appointment to onenote and take notes in it. If you are not the organizer this prevents your notes from being lost of the organizer updates the meeting.

adding comments to the notes field shouldn't generate an update. if it does, click save then don't send update. However, future updates will include the notes. if you use onenote, you can link the appointment to onenote and take notes in it. If you are not the organizer this prevents your notes from being lost of the organizer updates the meeting.

If I click save, it automatically prompts whether to send an update (otherwise the changes will be lost). :(

Click Save (or Ctrl+S) to just save it, then Save and Close. It should close without popping up the send update dialog, but if it does, click don't save - the earlier Save will have saved the changes. This only works for the notes field - time and location fields definitely can't be changed without sending updates.

Hi All,

I recently experience a similar situation. I added notes to a Calendar Notice and saved. After the organizer moved the meeting, I didn't see my notes. Since I 'saved' my notes, I am hopeful it is residing somewhere in the Outlook cosmos. Is there a way to retrieve my notes?

Best Regards,
MM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Outlook 2021 Add Picture to Custom Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook 2019 Custom outlook Add-in using Visual Studio Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G automatically choosing "add to autocorrect" option Using Outlook 0
F Want to add second email to Outlook for business use Using Outlook 4
K Add an entry to a specific calendar Using Outlook 1
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Want to create a button on the nav bar (module add-in) to run code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M "Attachment Detacher for Outlook" add in, does it update the server copy of the email? Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 365 Add keywords from Listbox to the message body where cursor is placed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Add Day Number of the year for 2023-2033 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
J GoDaddy migrated to Office365 - Outlook Wont Add Account Exchange Server Administration 21
F Outlook 2019 Outlook 2019 Add and Sync to New computer Comcast server Using Outlook 2
Witzker Add a text line at the end of the note field in all selected Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
A iCloud Outlook Add In is causing Outlook 2021 to crash and got disabled Using Outlook 10
N How to add or delete items to Move dropdown Menu Using Outlook 0
G Add contacts birthday to calendar Using Outlook 4
V How to add 'Previous Item' and 'Next Item' to the Quick Access Toolbar Using Outlook 1
Commodore Safe way to add or update holidays; Windows Notifications issue Using Outlook 8
kkqq1122 How would I add Search for attachment name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L did MS ever add way to text via Outlook Using Outlook 5
P How to add a column named categories when searching in Outlook Using Outlook 0
M add new attendee to existing meetings with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
N Can't create NEW GROUP and add/remove a member from existing Group in Outlook Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Pls. add a Prefix for OUTLOOK 2019 here Using Outlook 1
P Add inanimate objects to meetings? Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 2010 Add delete button to the side of the message list Using Outlook 1
BartH Add a string to the conditions in .Conditions.BodyOrSubject.Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A "Get Add-Ins" - Which Version of Outlook to use Using Outlook 1
D Do I need Exchange Add-In? Using Outlook 6
C-S-R Manage Add-ins (Remove Wunderlist) Using Outlook 6
A iCloud add in problems Using Outlook 4
L Macro to add Date & Time etc to "drag to save" e-mails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
C Looking for feedback on new Outlook Add-in Using Outlook 0
L isn't there an OL add-on that flags addressee before sending Using Outlook 3
S Add VBA save code Using Outlook 0
P Shortcut Pane - add shortcut to Office365 group mailbox Using Outlook 1
Z Add ComboBox Value to Body of Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G How to add a folder shortcut to outlook quick access toolbar? Using Outlook 6
G Add to Outlook Contacts - Point to non-default contacts folder Using Outlook 0
M Automatically add senders first name to a greeting Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Add Form to Appointments Received, Automatically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
W April 2020 Office 365 Update - Add-Ons fail after Office 365 Update Using Outlook 6
Z Task Filter Not Working When I add too many criteria Using Outlook 0
D Add date next to day name in Outlook Today calendar view Using Outlook 1
D iCloud Add-in not working in Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 After Windows Upgrade & iCloud Upgrade Using Outlook 2
P Add Paste Unformatted to QAT Using Outlook 1