Manage Add-ins (Remove Wunderlist)

Post number 5 has been selected as the best answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

C-S-R

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I have a Wunderlist Add-in for Microsoft Outlook that I cannot figure out how to remove. About a year ago, on May 6th, 2020, Wunderlist transitioned to Microsoft To Do. Since then, the Wunderlist Add-in for Microsoft Outlook has been removed from the Office Store. However, my account still retains the Wunderlist Add-in and there doesn't seem to be a way to remove it. No big deal, except the Wunderlist menu keeps showing up in various places. (See screenshot below)

Even if I 'Customize the Ribbon...' to remove the Wunderlist menu, it will eventually reappear on its own. Any ideas on how to uninstall this extinct Add-in since it's no longer listed in 'My Add-ins' for Outlook? Thanks for any insights.

2021-04-16 Wunderlist.PNG

2021-04-16 Evernote.PNG

I'm sorry to see no suggested resolutions have yet been received here. I can say I, too, suffer from the same issue. Further, I am uncertain if the presence of the Wunderlist options, in the right-click context menus in Outlook online are preventing me from sending emails there to tasks.

Microsoft Support has told me I have to phone the Office support number 800-892-5234 to pursue a resolution of this. At some point, I may have to set aside the time to do that. I'm surprised someone else hasn't found (and posted details online regarding) a resolution to this issue.

The orphaned addins cannot be removed by the end user - I have Microsoft's Outlook Contact Manager (among others) that I canno get rid of. I've spoken to Microsoft about it - specifically about not removing the addins when they are removed from the store. At this time there is no solution - they told me that support can't always remove the code either, although I suspect that is not true because after my complaints, contact manager was removed from one account.

Thank you, Mark and Diane, for responding. This sort of stuff drives me nuts. Maybe Microsoft will fix this someday.

ok, here is how I removed mine:
...\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Wef\...\...\Manifests\
Look for the Manifests Subfolder in AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Wef
Locate the file that contains:
<ProviderName>Wunderlist</ProviderName>
Copy that file somewhere you can easily access it and add .xml to the filename

In Outlook go to File -> Manage Add-Ins
and open the Web-Addins site
Click on My add-ins -> Custom add-ins -> + Add a custom add-in -> Add from file ...
Select the above renamed xml file and install it

Now you have Wunderlist installed under Custom add-ins.

Finally, click on the 3 dots -> Remove

You're welcome!

I noticed my orphan (Starbucks) was not listed in My Addins - I wonder if just deleting the manifest file from the hard drive would remove it.... Starbucks is only orphan app I see so I can't test my theory now that I tried your method.

contact manager disappeared from my toolbar some time ago and there is no manifest for it.... I had a couple of others, but don't see their buttons now either.

I tried deleting the manifest file prior to the above mentioned method, but it didn't work. It somehow was restored from somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
iwshim outlook 2013 - I cannot see the "Manage Add-ins" Using Outlook 2
S Excel vba code to manage outlook web app Using Outlook 10
Wayne Outlook locks up when opening "Manage Rules & Alerts" Using Outlook 7
R VBA to manage incoming mail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Office 365 manage another person's calendar Using Outlook 0
K Remove Manage APPS button for users Exchange Server Administration 1
J Outlook 2013 - Exchange 2007 manage distribution group Exchange Server Administration 1
M Blank Pop-up Window when click "Manage Sharing" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J How do you manage "mini-projects?" Using Outlook 4
T Manage Rules question Using Outlook 1
F How I manage PST file that received from my client Using Outlook 2
R Can't use "manage linking and tracking" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 10
A Manage Subfolders for different Email accounts. Using Outlook 7
H Not all Email folders appearing in Manage E-mail Auto-linking BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G Manage database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Outlook 2021 Add Picture to Custom Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook 2019 Custom outlook Add-in using Visual Studio Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G automatically choosing "add to autocorrect" option Using Outlook 0
F Want to add second email to Outlook for business use Using Outlook 4
K Add an entry to a specific calendar Using Outlook 1
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Want to create a button on the nav bar (module add-in) to run code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M "Attachment Detacher for Outlook" add in, does it update the server copy of the email? Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 365 Add keywords from Listbox to the message body where cursor is placed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Add Day Number of the year for 2023-2033 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
J GoDaddy migrated to Office365 - Outlook Wont Add Account Exchange Server Administration 21
F Outlook 2019 Outlook 2019 Add and Sync to New computer Comcast server Using Outlook 2
Witzker Add a text line at the end of the note field in all selected Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
A iCloud Outlook Add In is causing Outlook 2021 to crash and got disabled Using Outlook 10
N How to add or delete items to Move dropdown Menu Using Outlook 0
G Add contacts birthday to calendar Using Outlook 4
V How to add 'Previous Item' and 'Next Item' to the Quick Access Toolbar Using Outlook 1
Commodore Safe way to add or update holidays; Windows Notifications issue Using Outlook 8
kkqq1122 How would I add Search for attachment name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L did MS ever add way to text via Outlook Using Outlook 5
P How to add a column named categories when searching in Outlook Using Outlook 0
M add new attendee to existing meetings with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
N Can't create NEW GROUP and add/remove a member from existing Group in Outlook Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Pls. add a Prefix for OUTLOOK 2019 here Using Outlook 1
P Add inanimate objects to meetings? Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 2010 Add delete button to the side of the message list Using Outlook 1
BartH Add a string to the conditions in .Conditions.BodyOrSubject.Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A "Get Add-Ins" - Which Version of Outlook to use Using Outlook 1
D Do I need Exchange Add-In? Using Outlook 6
A iCloud add in problems Using Outlook 4
L Macro to add Date & Time etc to "drag to save" e-mails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
C Looking for feedback on new Outlook Add-in Using Outlook 0