GoDaddy migrated to Office365 - Outlook Wont Add Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLopez

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Running outlook 2016 desktop version 2209. Account wont add. Ran the migration program from GoDaddy.

Account can be accessed on iPhone and on Outlook Online.

What is wrong?

Hi Dianne and thanks for looking into this. I tried to manually add the account with no luck. I now used GoDaddy's migration program; it shows that it went through the process succesfully and that my new Profile is ready just launch Outlook.

But when I try I get the following:

- Outlook cannot log on. Verify you are connected to the network and are using the proper server and mailbox name.
- The Microsoft Exhange information service in your profile is missing required information. Modify your profile to ensure that you are using the correct Microsoft Exchange information service.

When I exit out of that window I now get a "System resources are critically low. Close some windows"

The only thing running is Outlook, Skype and Teams

then "Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The information store could not be opened."

Ah... the three dialogs... you can try making a new profile - delete the one godaddy made, maybe delete the autocomplete files are C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\RoamCache then make the new profile.

To create a new profile from Outlook, open File > Account Settings > Manage Profiles. Restart Outlook and click Options on the Choose Profile dialog. Click New and create a new profile. Or you can do it from control panel - find mail and click Show Profiles > New.

If that doesn't work, follow my boilerplate answer -
According to Microsoft, you need to set excludelastknowngood reg key and then create new profile.

One user who had a lot of accounts avoided creating a new profile by repairing the imap and pop accounts (in File > Account Settings, select the account then click Repair) and removing then adding the outlook.com and office 365 accounts back.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Autodiscover
DWORD: ExcludeLastKnownGoodUrl
Value: 1

If the key does not exist, you need to add it. Outlook cannot connect or web services cannot work after migrated to Microsoft 365 - Outlook has info on setting the key.

Followed every step, added DWord etc. Still cant.

Message now is:

Something went wrong and Outlook couldn't set up your account

FYI, it wont connect as POP nor IMAP either

Difference is that instead of getting an error message, Outlook gets stuck

More now: when trying to install as POP keeps asking for Outgoing Server password.

Checked it and its input correctly

You cannot use POP or IMAP with office 365 accounts - basic auth is going away and outlook uses basic auth with those two protocols.

You need to use Exchange account type. You need Outlook 2013 and newer - which you have, so its not that.

You made a new profile?

You cannot use POP or IMAP with office 365 accounts - basic auth is going away and outlook uses basic auth with those two protocols.

You need to use Exchange account type. You need Outlook 2013 and newer - which you have, so its not that.

You made a new profile?
Hi! I did create a new profile (several times...) but still have the same issue.

I'm dreading this thought but, should I just delete and reinstall? (backing up my calendar and contacts first)

If you had pop before this mess started, the pst files are safe. If you used IMAP and had folders named this computer only, export them for insurance.

Uninstall office? You can try a repair.

To repair your Office installation, right click on the start menu and choose Apps & Features, find and select the Office installation. Choose Modify then select the Quick repair option. Use the Quick Repair option first as it will fix many things and complete fairly quickly.

If it doesn't help, use the Online Repair option to uninstall Office and reinstall Office. It will not delete your existing Office settings or your Outlook profile and data files.

On Apps and Features I only have the option to UnInstall and on the Advanced Options to reset, uninstall or terminate.

I have run Office Configuration Analyzer Tool (didn't fix it), MS Support and Recovery Assistant didn't fix it either. It creates a new profile etc but that profile does not work.

well, uninstalled office and reinstalled. Still same issue.

Should I just delete my Microsoft accounts from my computer? (I have 3).

new message:

Outlook cannot log on. Verify you are connected to the network and are using the proper server and mailbox name. The Microsoft Exchange information service in your profile is missing required information. Modify your profile to ensure that you are using the correct Microsoft Exchange information service.

On Apps and Features I only have the option to UnInstall and on the Advanced Options to reset, uninstall or terminate.
It sounds like you have the Windows Store version of Outlook.

Resetting will wipe out all your profile and custom settings...

My recommendation is to uninstall office then go to office.com/install, sign in with your account and reinstall it - this will install the click to run version, which is much better going forward (but can be a hassle because any changes in any office app in File > Options will be reset to default.

Should I just delete my Microsoft accounts from my computer? (I have 3).

new message:

Outlook cannot log on. Verify you are connected to the network and are using the proper server and mailbox name. The Microsoft Exchange information service in your profile is missing required information. Modify your profile to ensure that you are using the correct Microsoft Exchange information service.
Is this in one error message or three? If there, its a problem with autodiscover - you need a new profile.

You need to set this key before making the new profile- but at this point, I would switxch to the click to run version first.

If the key does not exist, you need to add it. Outlook cannot connect or web services cannot work after migrated to Microsoft 365 - Outlook has info on setting the key.

Is this in one error message or three? If there, its a problem with autodiscover - you need a new profile.

You need to set this key before making the new profile- but at this point, I would switxch to the click to run version first.

Hello and thanks again!

All that is just one long error message.

I'm on Version 2209 Build 15629.20156 Click-to-Run

I have that DWORD on other sections of the Registry but not as you indicate. Just added it.

Rebooting to try

Added the Key to the registry.
Rebooted
Created new profile

still same error as before:

Something went wrong and Outlook couldn't set up your account. Please try again. If the problem continues, contact your email administrator.

Email administrator is GoDaddy who (after many hours on the phone with them) concluded that its an Outlook issue as the email works on iPhone and Outlook online.

well, uninstalled office and reinstalled. Still same issue.
In File > Office account, does it say click to run after the version and build number?

Coffee Table Pro offers a wide range of products, including cosmetics, skincare, hair care, Home, Kitchen, sports wear, Jewelery, Garments, and more. I am always working to improve my website and provide the best possible experience for my customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.