godaddy says my outlook's sending spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_malkovich

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
hey all. i'm using outlook 365 on windows 7. i noticed today in my godaddy account that an email account of mine had sent 260 emails today. i did not send these emails. i called godaddy and was told that my outlook is probably being used to spam people, even though there is no evidence of such emails being sent when i lookin my sent items. has anyone else dealt with this? is there a specific antivirus you guys recommend here? thanks in advance.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Most likely it's your email address that is used to send spam (they forged your address). But you should change the email account password in case your account was compromised and they are using the godaddy server.

Look at the ndrs you got back - do any have the full email header of the orginial message ? If so, it may have the sending IP address and should have the mail server IP address. The sending IP address (or computer name) would be the computer that sent it. The server ip is what SMTP server sent it - if not a godaddy server, someone forged your return address.

If you have one of the headers and can't read it, post it here and I'll look at it.

mr_malkovich

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Thanks for your reply. That's the thing. There are no records of these spam emails in my sent items, and I received no bounceback errors either. Moreover, Godaddy says I used 261 out of 250 daily relays yesterday on their outgoing smtp using this email address, but I just remembered that my Outlook sends outgoing mail from that address on a whole other smtp! I told Godaddy all this but they still swear up and down that it's my Outlook sending this stuff out.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Sounds like your account was compromised - change your password on the account (in godaddy) so whoever is using it can't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Migrate from godaddy 365 to office 365 home Using Outlook 8
Diane Poremsky Online Services in Outlook: Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, AOL, GoDaddy New Slipstick.com Articles 1
C GoDaddy office 365 setup wizard erased old Outlook emails? Using Outlook 14
M GoDaddy Calendar Using Outlook 0
TotallyConfused Godaddy Microsoft exchange 2007 stopped updating Exchange Server Administration 1
W Outlook 2011 and Emails using GoDaddy Using Outlook 7
S Other Providers of Hosted Exchange Besides GoDaddy Exchange Server Administration 3
J Windows Live Mail Not Syncing With GoDaddy IMAP Email Account, Will Outlook 2010 Be Any Better? Using Outlook 0
P Outlook 2003 - Godaddy email cannot connect Using Outlook 2
F I used the MS software "set_up_outlookset" to convert my Godaddy.com web mail to MS Outlook 2010, ho Using Outlook 2
Horsepower Google says Outlook 2016 is not a secure app Using Outlook 4
J Installed outlook and it says not installed Using Outlook 2
R Calendar says it is connected to someone else Exchange Server Administration 2
M Can't send email to certain valid email addresses, message says Using Outlook 1
K trying to sync my samsung galaxy to my outlook 2010 calender. it says execution privilege prevents me from accessing outlook Using Outlook 1
P I have microsoft outlook express 6.0 and an error keeps poping up talking about an add-in. the error says the add-in outlook connector extensions (msn Using Outlook 2
C When I click send/receive it says 'The Operation failed' Using Outlook 2
P Outlook says it's 'Sending' when it's opening. Nothing was in the Outbox for it to send. Using Outlook 2
M Outlook says the PST files is in use by another program - but it is not? Using Outlook 2
P Outlook Backup Tool says 'files not open' Using Outlook 2
M In my microsoft outlook I cannot receive. The error says my email address on server in incorrect. It Using Outlook 1
B Windows 7 Home Premium installed but Outlook says invalid product key Using Outlook 2
P When I try to send an email through outlook it has an error message, it says enter network password Using Outlook 2
P when i try to mail from outlook I get an error message that says enter your network password. Using Outlook 1
L trying to load my archived emails into new outlook on new harddrive. error message says I do not have permission Using Outlook 2
J When I try to click on a link embedded in an email I get an error that says that computer restrictions prevent access. Call the system administrator Using Outlook 1
E Outlook wont run says errors in the user string. Using Outlook 1
F when I try and click on an email redirect it says contact system administrator Using Outlook 1
G Installed Office 2010 for home and business. All work but OutLook. It will not load. Error screen says that it cannot connect to the email. Using Outlook 2
J I cannot open outlook. It says errors have been detected in the file. It says to run scanpst.exe but__I cannot find it on the computer. Can I get help Using Outlook 1
G Microsoft Outlook__I am getting a message that says Unable to display folder Using Outlook 2
S Temp folder location on your Exchange 2010 servers - BPA says to move it? Exchange Server Administration 5
K Outlook 2007 When I attempt to open a new email, it won't open and says 'not responding' Using Outlook 5
L Outlook 2003 - Says "Sending Message 1 of 1" but there is NOTHING in the Outbox. Using Outlook 1
D Need to export contacts but the export/import option does not show in the advanced options tab as the HELP option says it will Using Outlook 4
B outlook will not work says either reload or repair Using Outlook 2
K Everything from my office suite 2010 works except Outlook...It says (Not responding) no matter what I click on. Using Outlook 1
H Office OUtlook 2007 gives error message that says to run scanpst.exe and this is not found on my com Using Outlook 3
C Hyperlinks will not open...message says 'operation cancelled...contact administrator' __ Using Outlook 2
M I am having trouble sending my e-mails in Outlook 2007. I can receive them, but not send. My internet provider says they can't help me. What to do? Using Outlook 6
S Can't change add-in settings... says you need to be admin which I am Using Outlook 1
N email does not appear in inbox while downloading and at the end of the download it says an error occurred Using Outlook 2
R Sent Items says the handle is invalid and the Calendar is unable to display the folder Using Outlook 1
G I am trying to open a link in an email, the computer says that due to restrictions on my machine the operation was cancelled. Please contact system ad Using Outlook 3
C When trying to go to a link in my e-mail error message says "This operation has been cancelled due t Using Outlook 1
T Outlook wont run up, mail control panel applet says I have run out of resources Using Outlook 16
V Outlook will not open... Says Outlook2.pst is not a personal folder file Using Outlook 9
M BCM sbb-file import says: You are not the owner BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
B Outlook fails - error says execute scanpst.exe but can't find it Using Outlook 8
pcunite Outlook 2019/O365 Build 13127.20408 errors when using MAPI calls Using Outlook 0