Calendar template

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patty_M

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I created a calendar template for an appt that has cells from an excel file in the text box (also tried a word table). I saved the template. No problem until I open it. The last two of 4 columns change font and font size. Not sure why - so I added text to the cells in the correct font and size, deleted the text, then saved the template again. It worked. Here is a sample of how it looks on my computer (minus the questions and additional cells):

Question Response Notes Done

Now I have tested the template to see how it would look in my I-phone. The excel / word file shows in a line instead of small cells. I added information via the I-phone to see if it would change on my computer. It did - the cells are in a line now on my computer.

Question
Response
Notes
Done

1. Is there a way to create a template that does not change font and font size using excel cells or a table from word?
2. How do I stop the template from changing from my original format?

Thank you

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
At least part of the problem is that the iphone doesn't support all of the formatting that Outlook does and it's designed to reflow the elements to make them readable. Saving it after the reflow causes those changes to stick (they might stick just due to viewing it). I don't think there is anyway to fix it on the phone side, but it usually is better in outlook if you keep the design as simple as possible - use the default fonts, tabs instead of tables.

Patty_M

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Thank you. Looks like we will need to go back to the drawing board and create with tabs and default fonts!

Status
Not open for further replies.