Godaddy Microsoft exchange 2007 stopped updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

TotallyConfused

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2007
Out of the blue my Godaddy Exchange Server stopped updating. I called support and they thought I might have a corrupt server address and said they could help me reconnect it manually. The correct server address should have been "mail.ex1.secureserver.net". It was 8+ random letters /numbers + exe1.secureserver.net (sample: 12N3Rr4321.ex1.secureserver.net). I can't remember the actual sequence. We changed it back to the correct address and I could never get Outlook to load on my computer again. I cant even see it on owa.myaddress.com. I am still receiving email on my Android and it is updating fine and I can still see my current .ost database on my desktop. The agent said it was my computers fault not theirs and if I don't want to loose all my data my only solution is to buy Microsoft 365 for 3 times the cost than I am paying now for my exchange. Is this a scam? Why can't I just re-download Outlook to get it back up and running. I actually did try to download (repair) outlook but still didn't fix the problem. I really don't want to migrate to 365 now.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I think it's bad tech support, rather than an outright scam. It's more likely a problem with a recent update.

All of your data is on the exchange server - so nothing should get lost. Did you try making a new profile - put in your name, address and password and let outlook try and find the server.

What os are you using? Are all updates installed for windows and outlook?

Status
Not open for further replies.