Microsoft Exchange Emails - Shared Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julia

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I hope I can explain this properly, and get an answer that will explain it in terms I can understand.

My company uses Exchange emails. I'm certain some of the functionality is great for general purposes, but some just doesn't work for us!

We have "group emails". The way we use these (and there are several), is for example, Group@xyz.com will be checked by Bob, Joe and Kim. We need all three people to get ALL the emails on their computers. When they get the emails, they need to be able to respond to them, and then file, delete, or whatever. When Bob decides to file an email, Joe's or Kim's email needs to remain in their inbox. Joe and Kim should NOT see Bob's filing system, and vice versa.

When any of the 3 respond, they need to be able to respond from the group@xyz.com.

We can't use options of forwarding to personal emails, because some of these people will be monitoring multiple accounts, and these are very high volume accounts (on busy days up to 1,000 emails).

To summarize, essentially we are wanting to make Exchange operate like a POP3 account. Unfortunately, setting them up as POP3, we wind up with indexing problems? That's what I've been told.

The usual way of doing this in exchange is with a distribution list and give the users send as permission. Mail sent to the address is directed to each member.

Another option is a shared mailbox - this works great if each person needs to know what the other replied, but each person doesn't get a copy of the message to file in their own mailbox.

You could set up a mailbox as pop3 in outlook - if that is what you really want.

The problem with distribution lists, is the emails don't stay in the separate accounts. And most people monitor a couple of these, I get stuck watching as many as 5 or 6 at a time! By keeping them separate, we know immediately which client emails are relating to.

POP3 would be awesome, but if you have multiple people simultaneously checking via POP3, you can wind up with emails getting lost apparently. (This is the only thing the techs seem to agree on, other than what I want is impossible)

Mail shouldn't get lost, unless someone is deleting mail after they download it. But, when you pop mail, the client puts a lock on the mailbox and only one client can check it at a time. My own preference would be a shared mailbox, but it won't meet your requirement of separate, private folders as they would share the mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Email was migrated from GoDaddy to Microsoft exchange. We lost IMAP ability Exchange Server Administration 1
Z New minimum Outlook for Windows version requirements for Microsoft 365/Exchange Online Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 27
I Exchange 2019 - MICROSOFT-CORP-MSN-AS-BLOCK Exchange Server Administration 0
D Microsoft Exchange account - Remote management Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
S Adding new Exchange (2016) rule very slow down Microsoft Outlook Exchange Server Administration 0
Commodore Microsoft Exchange Add-in Using Outlook 2
TotallyConfused Godaddy Microsoft exchange 2007 stopped updating Exchange Server Administration 1
R The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. outlook must be Using Outlook 1
M connection to the microsoft exchange server has been lost. outlook 2007 Exchange Server Administration 0
J archiving deleted e-mails on Microsoft Exchange Exchange Server Administration 7
A "Microsoft Exchange Add-In" (UmOutlookAddin.dll) + Outlook Security Form ... Using Outlook 4
J Error: 0X8004010F - Microsoft Exchange offline address book Exchange Server Administration 9
T Outlook 365 2 Microsoft Accounts? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
S Sync Outlook (2021) tasks with Microsoft To Do Using Outlook 1
Abraham Microsoft limitation !!!! Using Outlook 8
C Outlook 365 Microsoft Support - Please Advise Using Outlook 3
Y Disable Microsoft Outlook Test Message Using Outlook 4
V Outlook 2021 Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2021 - Inexpensive Lifetime License Using Outlook 6
D Change Microsoft Account password - what to do to update on all devices Using Outlook 4
F Microsoft Outlook Connector 14.0.6123.5001 - Help! Using Outlook 6
R Microsoft Outlook 2016 - Gmail not sending, asks for password for SMTP, tried different ports Using Outlook 23
A Backup Email Accounts On OutLook For Mac 2016 (Microsoft 365 subscription version) Using Outlook 0
M Microsoft 365 Outlook keeps requesting password on Local Account Using Outlook 1
A calendar invites sent from Microsoft Outlook to Mac Outlook is not working Using Outlook 2
N .pst archive from work will not open/import on Microsoft 365 Exchange Server Administration 0
A Microsoft Personal vs Work Accounts in Outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
DariTrevino MIcrosoft Outlook PST file cannot repair Using Outlook 1
P Microsoft Outlook is requesting data from the server Using Outlook 2
C Copy Task to Non-Microsoft PIM "Rainlendar" Using Outlook 0
J Unable to link email messages in BCM using a single microsoft office 365 account in outlook 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
Diane Poremsky Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook Error Message Using Outlook 0
R Microsoft Outlook can't translate this document. Using Outlook 1
tswatek Microsoft Outlook has stopped working Using Outlook 13
I Microsoft Security Update KB3097877 Using Outlook 14
R Microsoft Outlook 2010 - Non Cached Mode Using Outlook 0
padubajacket Microsoft Outlook has stopped working Using Outlook 2
E Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Send Error Using Outlook 11
S Outlook 2013 not fixed correctly by Microsoft!! Using Outlook 3
THOMAS BRAXTON Microsoft Office 2010 problems Using Outlook 1
Angger Microsoft Outlook 2010 Automatically Restarting Using Outlook 2
S Microsoft office Cannot complete operation error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Glyn Outlook Microsoft on a Sony Android Using Outlook 4
K Outlook keeps prompting for Microsoft username and password for share calendar Using Outlook 0
D Microsoft Outlook Not Responding Using Outlook 0
G Microsoft Outlook 2010 Add-On Using Outlook 2
J Microsoft Outlook 2007 Font Size Too Small Using Outlook 1
G Cannot start Microsoft Outlook Using Outlook 1
P BCM 2013, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (SP2), attachment issue n database size BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M I cannot start Microsoft Outlook 2013 directly opening a .eml message Using Outlook 1
D Zoom in Microsoft Outlook Views? (Not Messages) Using Outlook 2