iCloud Outlook Add In is causing Outlook 2021 to crash and got disabled

Post number 4 has been selected as the best answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrease

Outlook version
Outlook 2021 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Hi all,

Since last Tuesday I'm facing the following problem. In Outlook 2021 the iCloud Outlook Addin got disabled.

Actions that I did:
1) I tried to enabled it through the "Slow and Disabled Add-ins" window unsuccessfully.
2) I sign out from icloud and sign back in, the syncing process with outlook completed successfully and still didn't work when I open Outlook.
3) I uninstall and install icloud
4) Repair office installation

Windows iCloud version: 13.4 (downloaded from windows store)

Outlook 2021 version: 2207 Build 15427.20210

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks.
Andy

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

I found the link => iCloud Doesn't Sync

The loadbehavior is set to 3 in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins\Apple.DAV.Addin

but still the addin is disabled so I check the registry for the path HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\office\15.0\outlook\resiliency\addinlist to force Outlook to always load it.

My office is version 16.0 (Office 2021) and the above path doesn't exist. Anyone knows the path for my version so that I can try it?

Thanks!

Untitled3.png

Forgot to mention that the installation is on Windows 11

I manage to enable it:

"In File-> Options-> Add-ins, set the Manage dropdown list to Disabled Items and press Go..."

Issue solved!

Glad you got it fixed.

All those have been working fine together here:
Windows-11, Microsoft Office 2021 Pro, iCloud for Windows v13.4

I had windows 10 and tried all the iCloud editions and outlook would crash. Decided to try another approach so everything would be clean. Bought a new computer with new windows 11, bought new office 2021, installed the iCloud app that gets redirected from apple to MS store. Outlook crashes, uninstalled iCloud and tried older version of download of iCloud but that crashes too. Tried administrator, doesn’t crash in safe mode but doesn’t sync in safe mode. I’ve tried everything listed on the site and others. I need this to work!

No sure I would suggest a new computer. :)

The addin won't load in safe mode...

It crashes outlook just by starting outlook? Did you have any problems adding the iCloud account to Outlook?

What type of email account do you have configured in Outlook? POP, IMAP, Outlook.com, or Microsoft Exchange? If you use Outlook.com or Exchange, you don't need to use iCloud to sync.

Are you using Defender for Av/security or a 3rd party security suite?

No sure I would suggest a new computer. :)

The addin won't load in safe mode...

It crashes outlook just by starting outlook? Did you have any problems adding the iCloud account to Outlook?

What type of email account do you have configured in Outlook? POP, IMAP, Outlook.com, or Microsoft Exchange? If you use Outlook.com or Exchange, you don't need to use iCloud to sync.

Are you using Defender for Av/security or a 3rd party security suite?
I am using Norton, I have outlook.com configured I think. I can check my email on outlook.com web app, so I assume it is outlook.com. Is there a way to see if it may have been configured as pop, imap, or exchange? Used to have outlook exchange on computers. BTW needed a new computer for other reasons like speed and wanted a clean set up.

I am using Norton, I have outlook.com configured I think. I can check my email on outlook.com web app, so I assume it is outlook.com. Is there a way to see if it may have been configured as pop, imap, or exchange? Used to have outlook exchange on computers. BTW needed a new computer for other reasons like speed and wanted a clean set up.
The add in does add in safe mode but won’t sync changes to calendar or contacts

if you have outlook.com and used the automatic setup option, it is added as Microsoft exchange.

You could use outlook.com to sync with the phone instead of using the iCloud - move or copy all of the contacts to the outlook.com calendar and contacts folder - the calendar & contacts that were synced are in outlook, it will be easy to make the switch - just select all, copy and paste or drag and drop. (You'll need to use a list view in the calendar.)

Bought a new computer with new windows 11, bought new office 2021, installed the iCloud app that gets redirected from apple to MS store. Outlook crashes, uninstalled iCloud and tried older version of download of iCloud but that crashes too.

It definitely works.

If you moved your PST-file, it might be slightly corrupt. If you started a new one, you might be missing something. Norton likes to block everything. There is definitely a certain order to installing all the pieces that make this Outlook/iCloud thing work.

If you can't find my 2-3 recent relevant posts, let me know. One is clean-install directions and the other is what to backup and how to prepare for a migration to new PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.