Outlook not syncing with iCloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincenzo

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
When I click the Refresh button in Outlook calendar, nothing is happening. Does not do the sync in either direction with the iPhone.
I've looked at the iCloud website, the new calendar events from Outlook are not there either.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled iCloud control panel. I've repaired the pst file. I've disabled all Outlook add-ins that are not Microsoft, except for iCloud add in. With Outlook shut down, I've gone into iCloud control panel and toggled the Calendar sync setting off, and back on.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

Vincenzo

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
By the way, maybe I should mention that all of this started last week when my friend updated her iPhone with the latest IOS update. After the iPhone update the Refresh button disappeared in Outlook. Trying to reinstall the iCloud add in gave me the message "Your setup couldn't be started because of an unexpected error"
That is when I took all the steps listed above, which eventually restored the Refresh button, although it does not work. I thought is was worth mentioning this because I just read elsewhere in this forum a post from somebody else having the same issue, also as a result of the IOS update.
https://forums.slipstick.com/threads/92779-outlook-icloud/#post-339200

Vincenzo

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Diane,

Please explain what you mean by "save directly in the iCloud calendar". Are you saying to create calendar events directly in the iCloud calendar? Or is this a one time thing when I am restoring the system, or is that the way it needs to be used on an ongoing basis?

Thanks

Vincenzo

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
The issue seems to have been cleared up by running antimalware scans with ADWCleaner and ESET online scanner. Seems odd, but that is all I did, and it has been fine since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.