Outlook local calendar & iCloud calendar syncing query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cturner24

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I use a purpose built Access database that records the details of contacts & events that I run. It does a lot more than this, but that's not relevant to this query. One of the main features I had built into the Access database was that it transferred events + other important information into my local default calendar in MS Outlook and it worked seamlessly (and thankfully still does!).

Historically I then sync'd my local (default) calendar to my iphone 5 via itunes directly i.e. a USB cable to iphone. Of course the syncing process relied on me actually having to do this and occasionally I forgot to do it so I thought, why dont I use an icloud calendar! So I set up an icloud calendar that syncs with my iphone and amazingly it does work.....so long as I enter data directly into the icloud calendar which is now the crux of the issue!

The first thing that happened when I set up the icloud calendar was that it deleted every record in my local calendar - this isn't a big deal as all the data is stored in the Access database anyway although it'll take time to re import it again, it can be done. However, entries into my local calendar, via the Access database, do not appear in the icloud calendar so I'm no further forward whatsoever.

Is there a way to sync my local calendar with my icloud calendar so when an entry appears in my local calendar it's copied automatically to my icloud calendar?

Thank you in advance of your help.

Cturner24

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I apologise that this query made reference to Access. I appreciate and respect that this is an MS Outlook forum, but for me they are linked (in principle), so if anyone could offer some advice I'd be very grateful for your thoughts.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The local calendar was sucked into the iCloud folders - you shouldn't need to restore from access.

Can you link the iCloud calendar to access? (If you use custom fields, it won't work.)

iCloud should sync with outlook, either automatically or when you click the Refresh button. if it doesn't work (not uncommon) you can use an addin - codetwo's iCloud addin - or use vba.

http://www.slipstick.com/developer/copy-new-appointments-to-another-calendar-using-vba/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Outlook 2016 Migrate 'On My Computer' (local storage) Calendar from Mac Outlook to Exchange Account Using Outlook 5
O Outlook Calendar 2007 meeting details are shown in senders local time. Using Outlook 1
M Microsoft 365 Outlook keeps requesting password on Local Account Using Outlook 1
J Local Outlook 2013 folder and message changes not synced with EAS to Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
Z Making Outlook Default folders to local/personal instead of Hotmail Using Outlook 8
A Exchange 2010 Outlook 2010 and Local Failures sync issue Exchange Server Administration 5
W To stop outlook 2010 to open my browser at file:///C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows Using Outlook 1
B Re: Outlook is VERY slow. I have 207,000 local failures and growing fast. Using Outlook 3
P cannot open default email folders errors in c:\users\officemax\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst Using Outlook 1
N Outlook Anywhere Not Updating Local Cached Password After Reset - Client Stays Disconnected Using Outlook 2
A Outlook Connector: Error 0x8DE00006 when sending to email address with a & in the local-part Using Outlook 2
J Cannot open your default e-mail folder. The file "C\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlo Using Outlook 2
M Unable to open Outlook. Error: Error have been detected in the files c:user\my name\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst. quit outlook and mai Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2010 - Cached/Offline Mode and Local File Sever Using Outlook 2
J c:\Users\Doug Barlow\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost Using Outlook 1
M C:\users\michael lon\app data\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst Using Outlook 2
M The file C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. Using Outlook 3
J Newbie to Outlook--moving files off exchange server to local drive Using Outlook 3
X Outlook 2010 will not open or start! just installed it! I get this error message 'c:\users\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst' who Using Outlook 2
K Windows 7 indexing of Outlook emails when 'runas' a domain user from local-machine account Using Outlook 1
A outlook deleted file says: c:\users\ben\AppData\Local\Microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and ne Using Outlook 9
J Outlook 2003 IMAP not connecting to server. Local inbox empty. Using Outlook 2
J why 'Open' pst. data files link only to My Documents? Outlook archive and data files are stored in Local App Using Outlook 1
N How do I configure Outlook 2010 to search Local Contacts before Global Address List? Using Outlook 1
L C:\User\Lee\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst Using Outlook 1
R cannot open your default email folders. The file C:\Users\ROBERT\AppData\Local\Micrsoft\Outlook\Roberto Cortes.ost is not an Outlook data file (.ost). Using Outlook 1
J access to 'Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook' folders in Win XP Using Outlook 1
W c:\users\anne\appData\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. Close a Using Outlook 4
P Moving local folders from outlook express to outlook 2010 on different computer. Using Outlook 1
S Exchange 2010 - Outlook Web app or local client Exchange Server Administration 1
S Exchange 2010 - Outlook Web app or local client Exchange Server Administration 4
S Outlook unable to connect to Exchange whilst on local LAN Using Outlook 2
A export emails stored in outlook(local) to hotmail inbox(web) Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 2019 Certificate error Using Outlook 0
B Outlook 2013 erratically deleting original file that is attached Using Outlook 0
V Outlook Forms: Formatting a Label with 2 different styles Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook 2016 Outlook randomly unhides from taskbar Using Outlook 4
X Using Outlook 2013 and Outlook 365 Using Outlook 1
V Date and/or time error in Outlook Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook Using Outlook 4
B Spam folder not showing in Outlook Using Outlook 5
ThinkToday Calculate reply time of outlook mail Using Outlook 1
I Outlook 365 - import/attach PST file that used POP3 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I think it may be time to upgrade from Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
K Outlook 2016 Outlook, Chrome, and Clio Using Outlook 5
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
HarvMan Outlook 365 PST Report Using Outlook 1
V Upgraded Outlook Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 Outlook/Win7 Client logging Event ID 36887 Using Outlook 0