syncing outlook 2007 with live. com

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivycreek

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
I want to sync my contact and calendar with outlook live. I use outlook 2007 and like the calendar and calendar. I do not use email on outlook. There are contacts on my live.com account but I do not monitor them like I do on my outlook 2007. I have nothing on my live.com calendar. What is the best way to update my calendar and contacts on the live.com account without duplicating, keeping deleted or obsolete emails. I want to do a one-way sync from my outlook 2007 to live.com. Is that possible? I prefer the outlook 2007 calendar and contacts and to keep the sync on multiple computers, i have to use a third party software which I would like to change. Would skydrive be a way or just use live.com account and do a one time one way sync. or is there a way to keep it constantly synced. Would MS 365 be aa better way to go.Thank you.RBC

Are you using the Outlook Connector?

You can't do a one way sync - at this time the only option is the Outlook Connector. Skydrive is files only, not calendar and contacts.

How do you recommend to view outlook over several different computers (home, office, laptop). They all have office but keeping outlook synced without third party software is a problem. I like outlook and calendar. Is there a way to keep them synced without third party software, like MS 365 or cloud or something.

Both Outlook.com (Hotmail) and Office365 (hosted exchange) will sync calendar and contacts with multiple devices and computers. Since you only need calendar and Contacts, outlook.com might be the best (and cheapest - it's free). You'll need to use the Outlook Connector though - it's not 3rd party software since it's from Microsoft. :)

If you owned your own domain, hosted exchange could be a good investment - syncing everything to all computers - calendar, contacts, tasks, notes, email. It's not free - costs between 4 and 8, depending on the plan and may not be worth it just for calendar and contacts.

Both Outlook.com (Hotmail) and Office365 (hosted exchange) will sync calendar and contacts with multiple devices and computers. Since you only need calendar and Contacts, outlook.com might be the best (and cheapest - it's free). You'll need to use the Outlook Connector though - it's not 3rd party software since it's from Microsoft. :)

If you owned your own domain, hosted exchange could be a good investment - syncing everything to all computers - calendar, contacts, tasks, notes, email. It's not free - costs between 4 and 8, depending on the plan and may not be worth it just for calendar and contacts.

Thank you for your info. If I start using outlook .com, which I do use for email not calendar and contacts, what is the best way to convert my outlook 2007 data (calendar &contacts) to outlook.com without a one way sync? My calendar on outlook.com does not have anything on it so I can sync that I think through outlook connector. The contacts in outlook. com are not up to date and I do not want some and do not wish to duplicate contacts. What is the best way to do this one time and will I then only use outlook live or will connector continually sync outlook 2007 with outlook live. Is outlook 2007 not for me with multi computers and no exchange. RBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
K Outlook 2007 IMAP account stops syncing new messages Using Outlook 0
S Issues syncing with MS Outlook 2007 with 2 profiles Using Outlook 1
C Syncing ipad contacts to Outlook 2007 on my PC Using Outlook 3
T Syncing OWA 2010 to Outlook 2007 Exchange Server Administration 15
M Syncing using iCloud mangled my Outlook 2007 file Using Outlook 2
V Outlook Connector not syncing to Outlook 2003 AND 2007 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
P Syncing Outlook & iPhone Calendars Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can someone explain syncing with Outlook and Gmail Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 365 with iCloud account not syncing calendars Using Outlook 2
P Outlook tasks not syncing with iCloud Using Outlook 2
F My hotmail calendar is not syncing with my outlook but my email is Using Outlook 3
T Outlook 2010 Advice on syncing OL2010 Calendar and Outlook app Using Outlook 0
M Quicken One Step Update Bill Reminders Not Syncing to Outlook Using Outlook 1
C Syncing on outlook.com Using Outlook 4
J Syncing notes between Outlook 2016/Exchange and Outlook for Android Using Outlook 2
S Problems syncing emails with webmail after changing to Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
H Syncing Outlook notes with ios Using Outlook 3
S Outlook User defined date field (UDF) not syncing Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky iCloud and Outlook Problems: Syncing Calendar Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Issues Syncing Outlook and iCloud Contacts Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Syncing Outlook with an Android smartphone Using Outlook 0
R Outlook 2016 not syncing all folders Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2016 - Mail Not Syncing With iPhone Outlook App Using Outlook 1
B Syncing Office 365 folders to match Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2013 Syncing contacts with Android phone - Outlook.com vs Outlook apps Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
K Outlook 2013 Outlook 2013 no longer syncing 1 of 5 IMAP accounts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
G Outlook 2013 not syncing changes to outlook.com account calendar? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
I Outlook Contacts and Calenders not syncing between PC, IPhone, and Windows 8.1 tablet Using Outlook 3
Commodore Syncing Outlook 2013 and Windows phone Using Outlook 8
Ascar_CT Adding contacts on Android phone and then syncing them to Outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
B Outlook.com calendar no longer syncing with Blackberry Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
T Syncing iPhone w/Outlook Using Outlook 1
VCC Icloud/Outlook Syncing Issues Using Outlook 1
Marcy Outlook and SharePoint 2013 - Syncing Contacts Using Outlook 2
A outlook 2013 not syncing Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 contacts syncing intermittently via Outlook Connector Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
V Outlook not syncing with iCloud Using Outlook 5
A How are you handling Outlook.com category issue and syncing Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
P syncing outlook calendars Using Outlook 12
M Outlook and ipad syncing Using Outlook 1
V Syncing Outlook installs with iCloud Using Outlook 1
S Syncing categories in Outlook for Mac 2011 with Exchange or Gmail Using Outlook 0
S Syncing Past events from Outlook 2013 to Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
H Syncing multiple types of Outlook accounts across various devices/systems. Using Outlook 3
M syncing Outlook 2013 tasks with android Using Outlook 2
B iCloud and Outlook only syncing in one direction Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2013 not syncing imap unless the "Inbox" folder is clicked on.. Using Outlook 2
C Outlook local calendar & iCloud calendar syncing query Using Outlook 3
K Syncing outlook with iCloud question Using Outlook 5
S Problem syncing mail from a POP3 account in Outlook 2013 to iphone 5 Using Outlook 1