Quicken One Step Update Bill Reminders Not Syncing to Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcstratton

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
This message "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client." is appearing each time Quicken Home & Business 2018 does a One Step Update for bill reminders synced to Outlook. I have reached out to Quicken Support and a Level 2 Tech Support conducted a remote and after hours on this remote; the conclusion was that it was not a Quicken issue. Can you help me resolve this issue so that my Quicken Bill Reminders will sync with Outlook. Here are my details:

Microsoft Office 365 (32-bit) Subscription - Outlook version 1807 (Build 10325.20118 Click-to-Run) Monthly Channel
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Operating System

What is listed in the registry for these keys?
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clients\Mail
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail

HKCU=value not set
HKLM=(Default) REG_SZ Microsoft Outlook and PreFirstRun REG_SZ Either there is not default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default....

Under the HKLM Mail Hotmail, Microsoft Outlook, and Windows Mail are listed.

This message "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client." is appearing each time Quicken Home & Business 2018 does a One Step Update for bill reminders synced to Outlook. I have reached out to Quicken Support and a Level 2 Tech Support conducted a remote and after hours on this remote; the conclusion was that it was not a Quicken issue. Can you help me resolve this issue so that my Quicken Bill Reminders will sync with Outlook. Here are my details:

Microsoft Office 365 (32-bit) Subscription - Outlook version 1807 (Build 10325.20118 Click-to-Run) Monthly Channel
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Operating System

What is listed in the registry for these keys?
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clients\Mail
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail

HKCU=value not set
HKLM=(Default) REG_SZ Microsoft Outlook and PreFirstRun REG_SZ Either there is not default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default....

Under the HKLM Mail Hotmail, Microsoft Outlook, and Windows Mail are listed.
Diane,
This issue is also happening with CompanionLink For Outlook program I also have. I was on another support call with Microsoft Level Two Support for over 3 hours and still nothing. They put the blame on Quicken but I was quick to let them know that it wasn't only Quicken that this issue was presenting itself; it was also CompanionLink for Outlook as well. Can you please help me resolve this please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Q Unable to Sync Quicken reminder with Outlook 2016 64Bit Using Outlook 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Need clarification on 2-Step Verification for Gmail using Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 10
e_a_g_l_e_p_i question about 2-Step Verification with my gmail Using Outlook 0
W Create a Quick Step or VBA to SAVE AS PDF in G:|Data|Client File Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Help Needed With Multi-Step Login Email Address Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
S Have Rule or Quick Step PROMPT for custom FLAG Due/Reminder date Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L Quick step to fill custom field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Further automate several tasks with rule, VBA or Quick Step Using Outlook 1
S New Quick Step based on Team email QS - automatically update too Using Outlook 1
S Error after enabling 2-step authentication in Outlook.com/Outlook 2013 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
J How to Reply or Forward a message and Archive it in same step? Using Outlook 0
C Outlook record the step I take getting to the user template? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Can no longer sync Outlook with iPhone calendar after iPhone update to 17.1.1 Using Outlook 7
M "Attachment Detacher for Outlook" add in, does it update the server copy of the email? Using Outlook 1
icacream New password won't update Using Outlook 2
Commodore Safe way to add or update holidays; Windows Notifications issue Using Outlook 8
O Batch update calendar Using Outlook 3
R Outlook 365 update sets delete from server flag Using Outlook 1
V Update new custom field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
P Outlook 2019 UI changes after 20H2 update Using Outlook 1
D Change Microsoft Account password - what to do to update on all devices Using Outlook 4
K can't get custom form to update multiple contacts using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Outlook 2016 Retail C2R keeps logging since update? Using Outlook 0
C Not sync folders not found after MS Outlook 365 update Using Outlook 1
W September 2020 - No Default Email Client message after Office Update Using Outlook 1
D.Moore VBA script fail after Office 365 update Using Outlook 8
W April 2020 Office 365 Update - Add-Ons fail after Office 365 Update Using Outlook 6
M Outlook 2010 Problem with OutLook 2010 32 bit, after Windows Auto Update Using Outlook 3
Jennifer Murphy Grant R/W (update) access to a friend Using Outlook 3
L Favorites don't update Using Outlook 1
F Copy and replace not update contact in another pst Using Outlook 0
M Message list font changed after update Using Outlook 2
O Windows 1803 update : QAT and toolbar changed, language pack gone... Using Outlook 5
J Updating existing entry on shared calendar wants to send update from delegate Using Outlook 0
N Using email notification to update calendar events? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
K Update Appointment category when changed in Excel Using Outlook 3
V Outlook 2003 problem with Windows 10 Creators Update 1709 Using Outlook 0
G Windows Update Causes BCM Database Access Problem? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
K Update subject based on text in body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Creating Progress Bar or Status Bar Update Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Recent Update Did not Fix Search Problems Using Outlook 7
R Custom Contact Form how to update when loaded. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
C Update Notes for Meeting Attendees Using Outlook 8
A Attendee Update Outlook Meeting Invite Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Outlook Email Security Update Using Outlook 0
S Task Update coming as email and not updating task Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Remove Office 2013 Update Banner Using Outlook 0
B IMAP folders don't update when Outlook 365 opens Using Outlook 0
J Outlook Macro to Update Sharepoint Excel File Using Outlook 1