Mail on both laptop and mobile at same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry S

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
I have Outlook 2007 on my laptop and I am using standard mail retrieving on my mobile phone. If my laptop is not logged into Outlook my work email shows up on my mobile. If my laptop is logged into Outlook no mail shows up on my mobile.Any mail downloaded to my mobile disappears once I log into Outlook on my laptop. Sounds confusing and is probably just a setting, but I would like to be able to receive mail on both laptop and mobile and retain in both places. I would like to be able to delete from my mobile and still have on my outlook on laptop.

latitudeit

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
It sounds like you are using POP3 to download your mail and have not selected 'leave a copy on the server' so that your alternative device can also download it. You either need to investigate if you can use IMAP with your host or you need to configure your Outlook and mobile to 'leave a copy on the server' so that the other device gets a chance to download new items also. POP3 will not allow you to see which emails have already been read but IMAP will (although it will require a bigger server mailbox as mail is kept on the server). To be more accurate we need to know more about your server connection but I am guessing you are using POP3.

Status
Not open for further replies.