Advanced e-Mail search on from/to contact group only searches for first 20 contacts in group

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogthebob

Outlook version
Outlook 365 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi,

don't you organize your contacts in contact groups, too? And wouldn't you want to have an option to search for all emails sent to/from contacts in that list?

There is an option to do so in advanced search (I didn't find this in query builder or manual filter setup, only on first choice from/to selection) where one can select a contact group as from/to.

BUT unfortunately only the first 20 contacts in the contact group are considered. Is that configurable? Do you see any other option to search for emails from/to the persons in a group? I considered generating the search filter via VBA, too, but this approach was stopped due to the search string becoming to big for 20+ contacts.

Thx for any advice, Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
farrissf Outlook 2016 Optimizing Email Searches in Outlook 2016: Seeking Insights on Quick Search vs Advanced Search Features Using Outlook 0
C Advanced search terms for "Outlook Data File" Using Outlook 1
D Create advanced search (email) via VBA with LONG QUERY (>1024 char) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
mll persistently customise columns in outlook advanced search Using Outlook 3
O Advanced search - can I use booleans Using Outlook 3
M Sorting by Day in Date Column Advanced Filter BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
L unblocking attachments before sending Office 365 Advanced Protection Using Outlook 0
N Disable Auto Read Receipts sent after using Advanced Find Using Outlook 4
R Outlook for Mac - Advanced Search and Tracking Sent Emails Using Outlook 0
B Advanced Search in MS Outlook by VBA and SQL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H "Advanced find: column for full folder path? Using Outlook 1
skylark53 Advanced recurrence problem Using Outlook 2
D Advanced Search Question Using Outlook 1
B Printing Advanced Search Output Screen Using Outlook 5
Andrew Hawkins "Advanced Find" Using Outlook 1
A Advanced find query facilty Help please Using Outlook 2
P Outlook Advanced Find Using Outlook 0
S Advanced Find text field limits Using Outlook 2
C O2010: Using Advanced Find to locate exact queries Using Outlook 3
V Advanced Find - [Today]-3 ? Using Outlook 4
N Outlook 2010 crippled Advanced Find, now what? Using Outlook 3
H Outlook 2010 Advanced Find - Menu items missing Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 - Advanced Find - No Status Bar = No Item Count Using Outlook 2
J How to filter by address fragment (e.g. "@domain.com") with advanced find? Using Outlook 2
L How to customize the Advanced Find form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Open Advanced Search Dialog Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Re: How to customize the Advanced Find form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Outlook Advanced Search Problems...returns with an Error: Argument Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Advanced outlook trick: help needed! Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Programmatically bring up Advanced Find for contacts? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Outlook 2007 Indexing Options and Advanced Search options disabled Using Outlook 5
X Run macro automatically when a mail appears in the sent folder Using Outlook 5
K How can I delete an e-mail from Outlook Using Outlook 1
L Help: set flag for sent mail to check if received an answer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Macro Mail Alert Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i MY Outlook 2021 changed the format of the shortcuts for mail, calendar etc. Using Outlook 10
Z Outlook 365 Automatically assign categories to incoming mail in a shared folder Round Robin Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
D Gmail mail is being delivered to a different email inbox in Outlook App 2021 Using Outlook 2
P What is your strategy for dealing with SPAM and Junk Mail? Using Outlook 1
C Code to move mail with certain attachment name? Does Not work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T 1:1 Datatransfer from incoming mail body to customs form body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Mail rule issue Using Outlook 3
A manual rule sends mail to wrong folder Using Outlook 5
Aussie Outlook 365 Rule runs manually but returns the error code "an unexpected error has occurred" when incoming mail arrives Using Outlook 1
D ISOmacro to extract active mail senders name and email, CC, Subject line, and filename of attachments and import them into premade excel spread sheet Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to answer a mail with attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook 2003 Mail Fails Using Outlook 1
Cathy Rhone Mail merge error message Using Outlook 1
R Sent emails show iCloud mail account not the alias Using Outlook 2