Status
Not open for further replies.

mll

Outlook version
Outlook 365 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hi,

First, let me say that Slipstick has been an invaluable website with resources regarding Outlook for maybe 20 years, but only today do I realise there's a forum section! 😯 I'm sure my tricky question will find its answer here, as I didn't see it answered elsewhere (there is this page, but the solution provided is not persistent).

So, in Outlook 365 Desktop, I frequently have to search swiftly my calendar for items while having the calendar still visible. For this CTRL+SHIFT+F is my best friend. Alas, the advanced search window always provides columns useless to me that I want gone by default, but most of all, I need to see other columns (like duration and availability).
Of course, I can solve that with a right-click on the columns headers in the results, but the reason of this post is that I have found no way whatsoever to make it persistent. So if this is possible at all ? Or if there's a smart workaround, I'm sure this is the place to ask. :)

Recollection is it is persistent within a session but not between sessions. If you use instant search, you can apply a different view to the folder, but if you want to keep the search open for a long period, you need to open it in a new window.

Reactions: mll
Thanks, Diane. Instant search is what you get by using the search field above the calendar vie, correct?

Correct. Create and save a new view you prefer for the search results. After the search is finished, change to a new view like you would in any folder.

Reactions: mll
Status
Not open for further replies.