Problem syncing mail from a POP3 account in Outlook 2013 to iphone 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

sben

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
Can anyone tell me how to allow my emails for a work POP3 account in Outlook 2013 to sync with my iphone 5? I was able to set up an exchange server via the use of Hotmail.com to sync my calendar but am still struggling with the email issue. Right now, I have set up my account so that all of my emails are forwarded to a gmail account and have sync'd with that. The problem is that if I delete them on my phone, they are still in my Outlook account and vice versa. Also, if I reply from my phone, it comes from that account instead of my work one. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Does your email account support IMAP? That would work better for you - both outlook and the phone would sync with the mailbox and anything you did on one device would also affect the other device.

You could set Outlook to leave mail on the server for a few days - then set the iphone up to connect directly to the email account instead of forwarding to gmail. This won't help you when you delete something on the phone though. You need to use IMAP on the phone and in outlook for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.