iCloud folders in Outlook are not the same as on iCloud

jChambler

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
IMAP
Hi,
I'm using windows 10 with Outlook 16 and have an updated version of iCloud running. The list of folders on Outlook are old ones which have been deleted on iCloud. When I delete them on Outlook they reappear. I'm guessing that the folders are not syncing with iCloud in the profile on Outlook. I have signed out of iCloud and deleted the files on the PC and reinstalled iCloud but they are still there. Is there a stored file on windows that keeps this info and it reloads it when I reinstall iCloud? Any help would be most appreciated.
Jonathan

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The folders and items are in an icloud data file. You'll see it in File, Account Settings, open the account settings dialog, Data files tab.

I recommend signing out of icloud so its removed from outlook, open outlook to verify the icloud data file was removed then close outlook and sign back into the icloud. It will resync everything down, to a new data file.

When you sign out, do not choose the option to create a backup copy of your calendar & contacts. It's not necessary, since you are going to sign back in.

jChambler

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
IMAP
I believe I have followed the instructions as advised, I didn't save a copy but chose to delete the data on the PC. The account settings under the Data files tab After signing out of icloud, show the icloud file is gone but the mail .ost is still there and when I open outlook the folder structure is still there. I have then signed back into icloud and opened outlook and the same folder structure is still there, it hasn't updated them to the current icloud folders. The old ones are just empty.

1559679113501.png

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Did it add an icloud folder set? After you sign into icloud app and set it up to sync with outlook, there should be an icloud data file on that page.

jChambler

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
IMAP
It has added an iCloud file 469405CE-CBD8-4450-A11D-97BAE7001FBF.aplzod and a me.com outlook data file. On my folder panel, I see the iCloud folder and the me.com mail folder. When I expand the me.com folder the list of mail folder doesn't match the folders on iCloud and it shows the folder that I have deleted on iCloud. If I delete them on outlook they go then reappear. When I empty the trash of the deleted folders they reappear there. I can't understand where they come from when I reinstall icloud on outlook.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The calendar & Contacts are in the aplzod files - imap email is in the me.com ost.

When I expand the me.com folder the list of mail folder doesn't match the folders on iCloud and it shows the folder that I have deleted on iCloud.
What is the name of the folder? It may be a required folder.