iCloud calendar sync problems

Vincenzo

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
My friend's Outlook 2010 is again having problems. The "Refresh" button that lets you sync is gone, and events are not syncing automatically either.
I tried logging out of iCloud and back in, did not help.
i uninstalled iCloud and reinstalled, it gave Outlook Setup Unexpected Error.
I uninstalled/reinstalled, but first ran sfc/scannow. it found errors that it could not fix.
I ran DISM in the RestoreHealth mode and it seemed to fix some issues.
I also ran scanpst.exe on both Outlook files, it found errors.
iCloud installed successfully now, but the Refresh button is missing.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Vincenzo

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I've uninstalled iCloud and re-installed a few times, still no luck.
I am noticing a couple of other odd things. When the iCloud setup dialog asks me which calendars I want to download to Outlook, two of the four calendars are not shown, even though when I go to icloud.com they are shown there.

And after the iCloud setup is complete and says it was successful, the folder list on the left side in Outlook does not have the section called "iCloud" like it used to have. (it does have the 2 out of the 4 calendars that it did download, but they are just shown with the local calendars with (icloud) appended to the name.

And the Refresh button is not there.

Vincenzo

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I also see that the iCloud add-in in Outlook is disabled. When I enable it and restart Outlook, it is disabled again.

Vincenzo

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Could it be that the new verision of iCloud has issues with Outlook 2010?
I might be able to dig up an old version of the installation file to try.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I don't think Outlook 2010 is the problem - i tested a build from a few weeks ago with Outlook 2007 and it worked fine. i have a virtual machine with 2010 installed, will install icloud and test it.

t does have the 2 out of the 4 calendars that it did download, but they are just shown with the local calendars with (icloud) appended to the name.
Switch to the folder list (Ctrl+6) to see where the calendar is - under icloud or in the pst as a backup from a previous install.

Did you delete the icloud data file from outlook ? You'll need to sign out of icloud then sign back in to recreate it.

Vincenzo

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I've been under the weather so i took a break from this. But now I am on it again.

When I switch to the calendar and look at the folder list, there is not a separate icloud section, but the icloud items say "iCloud" next to them. There are 2 that don't say that, but when i look in Properties for it the location is //icloud. (she has a whole bunch of calendars in iCloud, other stuff that seems to be remnants of old calendars or contact lists. I've tried cleaning them up online, maybe I'll do some more when she is watching, to see what I can remove.) When I install icloud i tell it to just download the 1 calendar, but it does the others anyway.
The icloud data file has been getting deleted automatially (or at least it is not showing up on the data files tab). Maybe on my next try I'll check the folder location to confirm.
i also will try creating a new profile and see if that helps.
Any other ideas?
Thanks