Slow Calendar Synch Between Outlook 2013 and iCloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

richd48211

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I'm running Outlook 2013 and iCloud. When I add an Outlook Calendar entry (in my iCloud Outlook calendar), Outlook freezes for 5-7 seconds (I get a Not Responding message), presumably while Outlook syncs with iCloud, before successfully adding the entry. This occurs when using a high-speed Internet connection. Is there a way to schedule the sync to happen at certain times so I can batch the sync vs. iCloud syncing with every entry?

D

Deleted member 10108

We are experiencing the same issue. Have you every found a solution?

scottc

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
You can't schedule the sync - and it shouldn't freeze. i'd try signing out of the iCloud and signing back in/ Oh, and what security software do you use? It could be scanning the sync.
I'm having the same problem...no security running. Do you log out and back in inside Outlook?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Open the iCloud control panel app - it should be in your notification tray. Close outlook and sign out of the iCloud panel, then sign back in. When asked if you want to keep a local copy, say no.

scottc

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Open the iCloud control panel app - it should be in your notification tray. Close outlook and sign out of the iCloud panel, then sign back in. When asked if you want to keep a local copy, say no.
I removed the iCloud then signed back in, setting it up again. I'm still having the same problem. When I disconnected the iCloud it worked fast (because it wasn't syncing with every Outlook change). After I connected again it slows the same 5-7 seconds like before. I think its sending every change to the cloud and it causes a delay vs when I was using Google Calendar Sync where it would batch and send every 15 minutes or so.

Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.