Slow Calendar Synch Between Outlook 2013 and iCloud

Status
Not open for further replies.

richd48211

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I'm running Outlook 2013 and iCloud. When I add an Outlook Calendar entry (in my iCloud Outlook calendar), Outlook freezes for 5-7 seconds (I get a Not Responding message), presumably while Outlook syncs with iCloud, before successfully adding the entry. This occurs when using a high-speed Internet connection. Is there a way to schedule the sync to happen at certain times so I can batch the sync vs. iCloud syncing with every entry?

We are experiencing the same issue. Have you every found a solution?

You can't schedule the sync - and it shouldn't freeze. i'd try signing out of the iCloud and signing back in/ Oh, and what security software do you use? It could be scanning the sync.

I'm having the same problem...no security running. Do you log out and back in inside Outlook?

Open the iCloud control panel app - it should be in your notification tray. Close outlook and sign out of the iCloud panel, then sign back in. When asked if you want to keep a local copy, say no.

Open the iCloud control panel app - it should be in your notification tray. Close outlook and sign out of the iCloud panel, then sign back in. When asked if you want to keep a local copy, say no.

I removed the iCloud then signed back in, setting it up again. I'm still having the same problem. When I disconnected the iCloud it worked fast (because it wasn't syncing with every Outlook change). After I connected again it slows the same 5-7 seconds like before. I think its sending every change to the cloud and it causes a delay vs when I was using Google Calendar Sync where it would batch and send every 15 minutes or so.

Am I missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Commodore Slow calendar Using Outlook 0
N Outlook is very slow Using Outlook 0
M Ignore slow add-ins Using Outlook 0
S Adding new Exchange (2016) rule very slow down Microsoft Outlook Exchange Server Administration 0
1 Opens Slow Using Outlook 4
M Slow VBA macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Cdub27 Move Outlook 2016 Contacts to Other Folders - Extremely Slow !! Using Outlook 6
D Very slow when digitally signed Exchange Server Administration 0
Diane Poremsky Office for Mac: Insider Fast and Slow Builds Using Outlook 0
M Very slow operation Using Outlook 0
R Slow character rendering after Hebrew used Using Outlook 1
I Outlook 2016 and Slow access to Outlook.com IMAP Using Outlook 0
B very slow attachments Using Outlook 5
T Outlook 2010 Very Slow To Open Recently Using Outlook 9
Sarge USMC troubleshooting slow startup Using Outlook 6
I Outlook 03 slow startup Using Outlook 5
B Outlook suddenly very slow Using Outlook 4
R Exchange 2013/Outlook 2010 Slow Startups Exchange Server Administration 8
B Outlook 2013 slow or no receipt of emails Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2000 slow Using Outlook 2
P Oulook 2010 very slow Using Outlook 2
B Slow to receive emails on Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 35
Z "Mark All as Read" in Outlook 2007 extremely slow Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2007 - Slow opening folders when inserting attachments Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 2010 slow with Yahoo IMAP Using Outlook 1
M BCM 2010 Link to Record (very) slow BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
D Outlook 2010, super slow! IMAP issue I think Using Outlook 1
M bcm painfully slow BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Outlook 2003 very slow to open Using Outlook 5
Fozzie Bear Calendar Events created on iPhone have suddenly start sending invitations to attendees Using Outlook 2
J Set calendar default to 'none' (policy) Exchange Server Administration 3
J Calendar events created on iPhone automatically changing default alert from 'None' to 'Time of Event' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
G Creating Macro to scrape emails from calendar invite body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
P Can no longer sync Outlook with iPhone calendar after iPhone update to 17.1.1 Using Outlook 7
P turn off the default "all day" check box in new calendar items. How? Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 365 New Appointments All saved to a 365 default calendar on Mac Using Outlook 0
V Unchecking my calendar and leaving shared one visible Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V VBA Categories unrelated to visible calendar and Visual appointment Categories Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M New Calendar Appointments: Conditionally turn off reminder and show time as free Using Outlook 5
J Cannot edit a calendar event received as an invitation Using Outlook 2
H Outlook 365 O365 outlook calendar item editing Using Outlook 1
Kika Melo Outlook Calendar deleted appointments not in Deleted Items folder Using Outlook 3
P Copying ALL calendar entries from Calender in PST file to IMAP OST file? Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about calendar Using Outlook 5
icacream Outlook 2021 - Google calendar in the peek Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i MY Outlook 2021 changed the format of the shortcuts for mail, calendar etc. Using Outlook 10
Fozzie Bear Shared Calendar For Scheduled Tasks Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
K Add an entry to a specific calendar Using Outlook 1