Status
Not open for further replies.

apatic

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello!
We use the exchange server. Our top chief has several assistants who work with his calendar. They create appointments and send invites. They ask to add the simple text field where they can write private notices which shouldn't be sent to another invited people. It should be displayed just for people who have access their calendar (assistants + chief).
My problem is that this field syncs with other invited people.
It it possible to change that?
Thx in advance!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
if the invites are sent as Outlook calendar events, this is expected as it has all of the outlook properties. An ical (internet calendar format) would avoid this problem, but would only be used outside the exchange server.

if they don't typically update messages, they could add the comments after it's sent. (a macro could make this easier.)

apatic

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi. Thank you for the response.
May be there is an opportunity to predefine visible settings of this field when you open appointment? I mean to display this field only if you are a creator of this appointment or something like that?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
you can set fields visible or not, and should be able to change it using code, but if the code doesn't run for some reason, I'm not sure if it will show or not. (It should not show if the default is don't show, but then the organizer might not be able to see it.) I'll look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y Outlook Task View - Table Format - Customize Reminder Time to Drop-Down Selection Using Outlook 2
V not able to change name in customize Ribbon Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Customize contact record phone fields Using Outlook 2
J Customize Attachement Security Warning Using Outlook 1
T Customize Outlook flag Using Outlook 1
H I need a developer to customize an Outlook Contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S How can I Customize Message Header in both Reading Pane and Open Message Design? Using Outlook 1
M Customize Comments / Notes Section time stamp on Contact Records BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
Diane Poremsky Customize the Outlook Toolbar, Ribbon or QAT New Slipstick.com Articles 0
M Customize CreateItemFromTemplate Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Ankit Agrawal Customize themes in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
M please customize this code Using Outlook 1
M please customize this code Using Outlook 1
B Customize OWA page to open in a new window when logging in Exchange Server Administration 1
G Customize Outlook Today folder Using Outlook 0
O BCM 2010 - Customize a field with a consecutive number? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M How can I customize the Follow Up Flag message in Quick Steps? Using Outlook 1
C Anyone found a way to customize search? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
P How may I customize with an own immage a standard email Using Outlook 6
D In Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 64 bit Customize Current View 'Other Settings' Fonts changes do not hold Using Outlook 2
K Can I customize OL2010 month view calendar to be more legible; skip confusing colors and show more a Using Outlook 1
W Customize accounts (folderlist) in navigation pane Using Outlook 5
J Customize Outlook view to fit Smartphone display via i.e. Citrix Receiver ? Using Outlook 1
M Customize Current View of PST Files Using Outlook 2
P Customize Appointment Form Using Outlook 1
U How to customize exch 2010 smtp bounced msg like 5.7.1 or 5.7.11 Exchange Server Administration 2
S Customize Text on OWA Change Password Form Exchange Server Administration 3
J How to customize the To-Do list to show items from only one specific mailbox? Using Outlook 2
J The filter Button is dimmed in the View - Customize Current View dialog. Using Outlook 2007 on Exchange. Using Outlook 3
C Customize Themes Exchange 2010 SP1 Exchange Server Administration 4
R customize contacts Using Outlook 1
K OWA 2010 - Any way to customize the Calendar Sharing Invitation? Exchange Server Administration 1
A Customize Colours Using Outlook 1
G BCM 2007 Customize Current View not sticking Using Outlook 2
C Customize Current View - Group By & Remove This Column Using Outlook 2
A when i customize new fields in the contact menu, it displays under define fields but does not display when trying to imput a new contact. Using Outlook 1
L How to customize the Advanced Find form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Re: How to customize the Advanced Find form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Customize button image for separate Outlook forms region Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R How to implement customize toolbar in outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Customize current view (in Account List) Business Contact Manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
N How to add fields to customize reports in BCM? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
P Scheduling a meeting in Outlook Outlook Wishlist 4
S Skype for business meeting vba code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Unable to save recurring Meeting to Documents folder due to error Using Outlook 2
S Meeting with Time Slots Using Outlook 2
egarneau Meeting updates with external contacts (GMail) Using Outlook 1
L automaticaly create a teams meeting with a sync Using Outlook 0
R auto send email when meeting closes from a shared calendar only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Meeting Invite arrives from Wrong ("send-as") Sender Using Outlook 1