VBA/Macro to remove page colour when replying or forwarding email

Status
Not open for further replies.

gb1

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I am looking to create a macro to remove the page colour from an email when replying to it or forwarding it, either automatically on the single click of a button, instead of having to go to the setting on the ribbon, which takes a few clicks. I've looked around, but can't find any solutions. I assume there must be a property that needs switching?

This method (using a simple blank stationery file) will work - Apply Outlook Stationery to Replies and Forwards - (that sample is manual - it can be made to apply automatically when you hit reply or forward, if you want to use it with all messages).

Trying to strip just the background color from a message is a little more difficult, unless it is always the same color - the script needs to look at the source code and replace the color with #FFF - using a method similar to this: How to Change the Font used for Outlook's RSS Feeds - but using regex to grab the entire bgcolor tag. Doing it on inbound mail might be easier than only changing replies and forwards.

Diane
Thanks this is very helpful. I don't have a lot of experience with regex, but have begun exploring. However in the sample email I'm looking at, there are a number of bgcolor and background-color tags - any clues as to how to identify which is the important one?
Another thing I've tried based on your first suggestion is to create a small plain white jpg and referencing that in the HTML template. That does the trick, but its a bit of a patch, because I am effectively covering the background color, and adding some weight to the email?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D VBA Macro to Print and Save email to network location Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N VBA Macro To Save Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Help creating a VBA macro with conditional formatting to change the font color of all external emails to red Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
L Modifying VBA script to delay running macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L Macro/VBA to Reply All, with the original attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A VBA macro for 15 second loop in send and received just for 1 specific mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G VBA Macro Using Outlook 4
R Help Revising VBA macro to delete email over different time span Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Moving emails with similar subject and find the timings between the emails using outlook VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N How can I increase/faster outlook VBA Macro Speed ? Using Outlook 2
D.Moore Folder view settings by VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 57
J Help Please!!! Outlook 2016 - VBA Macro for replying with attachment in meeting invite Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
R VBA macro - new message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Example VBA Macro - To Conditionally Change the From Account and Add a BCC Address on Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
S VBA Macro - Run-time error '424': object required - Help Please Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B VBA Macro for assigning multiple Categories to an email in my Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Slow VBA macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M VBA macro for Inbox's attachments search Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Y VBA Macro to highlight some Keyword in mail body? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Macro only runs within VBA Editor Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D VBA macro printing attachments in shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Outlook 7 VBA macro for multiple filing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook VBA Macro that could retrieve/display the (From, Subject, Date Received) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Philip Rose Recreating a WORD Editing Macro to use in Outlook VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T Random problem in VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
M recover deleted items vba macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Vba script including macro appears in rules but wont run Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
S VBA Macro to VBScript Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L VBA Macro to flag sent emails Using Outlook 1
B Outlook vba macro Using Outlook 1
B Auto BCC VBA macro: how to add exceptions? Using Outlook 28
R VBA Macro to VBScript in a form- Help Please! Using Outlook 10
D VBA Macro Works in 2007 but errors in 2010 Using Outlook 2
E Word macro running from OL VBA throwing error on Word SaveAs?? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
J Outlook custom form - VBS call VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N VBA Procedure (or Macro) to Stop Outlook from Closing? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Run external program from Outlook VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D New Macro / VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
J Specify Font Name or Face using VBA Macro in Word Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Custom VBA forms in Outlook--how to call w/macro? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S macro ist just worling wenn vba editor is open! Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H using VBA to edit subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Get current open draft message body from VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Geldner Problem submitting SPAM using Outlook VBA Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Outlook 2016 outlook vba to look into shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V VBA Categories unrelated to visible calendar and Visual appointment Categories Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Outlook 2019 VBA to List Meetings in Rooms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0