Outlook custom form - VBS call VBA macro

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JMat45

I have created a custom OL form based on the Contact form. I want to save

data from some of the fields to a text file. I want to initiate the save

using the WRITE event. I have written the SUB in VBA to save the data, but

can't call the SUB from the form VBS. What is the solution or workaround?

I ask, therefore I am.
 
S

Sue Mosher [MVP]

If the Sub is a public Sub in the built-in ThisOutlookSession module, it

should be possible to call it as Application.MySub or whatever its name

is.

Sue Mosher

"JMat45" <JMat45> wrote in message

news:D0325B32-3A15-4E5B-AABC-6684950F67DF@microsoft.com...
> I have created a custom OL form based on the Contact form. I want to save
> data from some of the fields to a text file. I want to initiate the save
> using the WRITE event. I have written the SUB in VBA to save the data, but
> can't call the SUB from the form VBS. What is the solution or workaround?
> > I ask, therefore I am.
 
J

JMat45

Ok, I will give that a try. Thanks for the advice.

I ask, therefore I am.

"Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:


> If the Sub is a public Sub in the built-in ThisOutlookSession module, it
> should be possible to call it as Application.MySub or whatever its name
> is. > Sue Mosher
> > >

> "JMat45" <JMat45> wrote in message
> news:D0325B32-3A15-4E5B-AABC-6684950F67DF@microsoft.com...
> >I have created a custom OL form based on the Contact form. I want to save
> > data from some of the fields to a text file. I want to initiate the save
> > using the WRITE event. I have written the SUB in VBA to save the data, but
> > can't call the SUB from the form VBS. What is the solution or workaround?
> > > > I ask, therefore I am.


> .
>
 
J

JMat45

Sue, worked great. I'm back in business. Thanks very much.

I ask, therefore I am.

"JMat45" wrote:


> Ok, I will give that a try. Thanks for the advice.
> > I ask, therefore I am.

> "Sue Mosher [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > If the Sub is a public Sub in the built-in ThisOutlookSession module, it
> > should be possible to call it as Application.MySub or whatever its name
> > is. > > Sue Mosher
> > > > > > > > "JMat45" <JMat45> wrote in message
> > news:D0325B32-3A15-4E5B-AABC-6684950F67DF@microsoft.com...
> > >I have created a custom OL form based on the Contact form. I want to save
> > > data from some of the fields to a text file. I want to initiate the save
> > > using the WRITE event. I have written the SUB in VBA to save the data, but
> > > can't call the SUB from the form VBS. What is the solution or workaround?
> > > > > > I ask, therefore I am.

> > .
> >
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Outlook Custom Form Scripting only working when clicking on "Run this form" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Custom Outlook Form - Populate Information from Radio Button / Check Box Using Outlook 0
Z Outlook Custom Form: Adding Dropdown(Project Code) at the end of subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D create an html table in outlook custom form 2010 using vba in MsAccess Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
Potty Ash MS Outlook 2010 custom form - validation or formula to request user to check a checkbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
L Outlook Custom Form Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky The custom form cannot be opened. Outlook will use an Outlook form instead. New Slipstick.com Articles 0
J Can Click to Drag Custom Form Field But Cannot Drop When Designing in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Adding a contact to Outlook with a custom form using Access VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A From box in custom outlook Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Outlook 2007 Custom Form and Toolbar Not Working Using Outlook 5
C Outlook Custom Contact Form Attach Files in new notes fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Outlook 2010: can't forward appointment on custom form Using Outlook 1
S Custom Outlook Form 2013 Displaying fields incorrectly Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Create a URL hyperlink in an Outlook custom form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Outlook Custom form check if there an attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Outlook 2013 won't convert Excel contacts into Outlook contacts using my custom form Using Outlook 3
G Custom Form code not working - Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Outlook 2010 custom form olk control font size increases everytime form is published Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Z outlook 2007 - opening a contact from the search results doesn't use the custom form Using Outlook 10
R Static Resources in Custom Outlook Appointment Form Using Outlook 2
S Outlook Custom form - selecting text in read page Using Outlook 0
H Custom Contact form not working in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 3
H Custom Outlook Contact form Using Outlook 1
C Set reminder time in custom form (Outlook 2010) Using Outlook 1
N Custom Outlook Form Using Outlook 1
S Desperate for Help with Outlook custom form Using Outlook 0
C Custom Form Outlook 2010 Contacts Using Outlook 3
H How can you add a URL field in a Outlook Custom Contact form? Using Outlook 6
C Outlook 2010 Custom Form Issues Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2007 Custom Form - Dual Addresses and Mailing Address Using Outlook 6
M Outlook custom form question Using Outlook 4
B Can't locate in Outlook custom form where is message from Using Outlook 4
M Outlook 2010 Custom Form Problem Using Outlook 1
B Date validation in Outlook Custom Form Using Outlook 2
B Outlook 2010 popup "A custom form can not be opened. Outlook will use an Outlook form instead. The Using Outlook 2
C Trying to make a simple custom outlook form Using Outlook 2
A Custom form - hitting 'next item' button hangs Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Macros disabled in custom Outlook form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J populate word template from Outlook custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K Can't use links in Outlook custom form text field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook 2003 custom form not viewable by receiver Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
L Custom Form (Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
N Custom Contact Form in Outlook 2003 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Importing Contacts Does Not Use Defined Custom Form in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L wrong icon displayed for outlook custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
P replace default outlook form with custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Extra text on an Outlook 2007 custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
U Is it posible to Invoke a custom Form in my Outlook Add-in tool ba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1

Similar threads

Top