"This item has been changed still want to delete it" message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy87

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I have a user who every time they forward an email they get the following message...."This item has been changed. Still want to delete it?"

I think they're using Outlook 2013. A Google search of that message brought back few results.

Any help would be appreciated.

If they are not intentionally deleting the message, check the settings in File, Options, Mail - under Save Messages about halfway down, there is an option to Save forwarded messages. Is it checked?

Is this an imap account? Or did they download external content? But of these can generate this message - imap because the item is marked as read, downloaded content because it was downloaded....

Save forwarded messages was checked so I tried unchecking it but the message came back. So I ran Outlook in safe mode and the message didn't appear. I checked her Add-ins and removed two Adobe add-ins and the problem went away. Thanks Diane.

PDF maker and send and track? I know pdf maker is known to cause problems in older versions of Word and Outlook but I hadn't noticed this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Rory Campion Not getting a warning when a shared calendar item has been updated by someone else Using Outlook 2
G "Full Item has not been downloaded" message. HELP! Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
T Cannot open this item becasue another workstation has modified it. Using Outlook 4
T Outlook365 search item listed as "potential matches" can't be opened Using Outlook 0
H Outlook 365 O365 outlook calendar item editing Using Outlook 1
P "Item could not be moved" message occurs frequently for IMAP inbox, Office 365 Using Outlook 0
V How to add 'Previous Item' and 'Next Item' to the Quick Access Toolbar Using Outlook 1
O In Agenda-view - How to copy an existing item months ahead or back? Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 2016 dont delete inbox item Using Outlook 0
talla Can't open Outlook Item. Using Outlook 0
N Item cannot be saved because it was modified by another user or window, and, Item could not be moved... Using Outlook 0
B Zoom automatically next email item (VBA) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Command Button_Click action on Item/Reminder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Unflag Inbox and Flag Inbox with Orange Category After Item is send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C Copy Move item won't work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Pictures degrade each time an Outlook item is edited and re-saved Using Outlook 1
B Change row background color of selected item Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2013 "Item could not be moved - still an issue for Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
R Error when trying to forward current email item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
geoffnoakes Find Contacts with UDFs "in this item" Using Outlook 1
T "cannot find the calendar folder for this item" - calendar items stuck in outbox Using Outlook 0
GregS Many Sent Item folders Using Outlook 3
B Select / activate first email item in the searched query Using Outlook 1
4 Macro to set the category of Deleted Item? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N "Discussion" item Using Outlook 3
T outlook.com opens with "item not found" Using Outlook 1
Peter H Williams How to Move Mail item after processing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
C Change default "Save Sent Item To" folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
M Shortcut to another outlook item Using Outlook 0
M Item edits doesn't always sync Using Outlook 11
Cdub27 Your changes to this item couldn't be saved because Server Denied Operation (HTTP 403 Forbidden) Using Outlook 1
M VBA to change flag status in outlook contact item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Replying to calendar item using VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G Outlook item link Using Outlook 0
Q VBA Script to move item in secondary mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Save Sent Item to Using Outlook 0
T outlook 2010 mail item count doesnt match display Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Jeanne Goodman Delete Calendar Item Bypassing Deleted Items folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky Display the Created Date field of any Outlook item Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Outlook VBA: Work with Open Item or Selected Item Using Outlook 0
Z Item.Recipients for Task Assignment on Send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
M How does Outlook determine item numbers in a folder? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
oliv- HIDE ITEM Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D help with Item/Inspector close event Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Create new item in public folder using VBscript Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Shared Mailbox with mail item marked as "private" Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Change Item Count on All Folders in a Data File Using Outlook 0
M Recurring icon for custom form task item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
N Adding Appointment Item in Outlook to Shared Calendar Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7