Outlook item link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gfm

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I have a procedure in Outlook VBA to create a link.

Sub ItemLink2Clipboard()
Dim URL As String
Dim DataToSave As New DataObject
Dim mySel As Outlook.Selection
Dim myItem As Object
Set mySel = Application.ActiveWindow.Selection
Set myItem = mySel(1)
URL = URL & "Outlook:" & myItem.EntryID
DataToSave.SetText URL
DataToSave.PutInClipboard
End Sub

Then in OneNote i paste the Content of the clipboard and I get for instance a Hyperlink looking like:
Outlook:00000000268CCAB90266E1489A47A7509148E3A407007F720E9B044BF04DAA23945ED50C8AC300000000010C00007F720E9B044BF04DAA23945ED50C8AC300005A8DEBFF0000

In OneNote i can then modify the Hyperlink to present the same link as e.g.
Test
I would like to put the Hyperlink into the clipboard complete with the link and the subject as the text to show.

Can someone please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H Outlook 365 O365 outlook calendar item editing Using Outlook 1
talla Can't open Outlook Item. Using Outlook 0
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Pictures degrade each time an Outlook item is edited and re-saved Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2013 "Item could not be moved - still an issue for Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
T outlook.com opens with "item not found" Using Outlook 1
M Shortcut to another outlook item Using Outlook 0
M VBA to change flag status in outlook contact item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
T outlook 2010 mail item count doesnt match display Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Diane Poremsky Display the Created Date field of any Outlook item Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Outlook VBA: Work with Open Item or Selected Item Using Outlook 0
M How does Outlook determine item numbers in a folder? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N Adding Appointment Item in Outlook to Shared Calendar Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
M Outlook displays "choose folder" for each sent item. Using Outlook 2
A Outlook VBA - moving mail item to public folder using variable within path Using Outlook 6
M Outlook Appointment Item exceeds beyond the date range Using Outlook 2
M Outlook Appointment item does not show the item outside the date range Using Outlook 2
M outlook recurring item stucks me. :( Exchange Server Administration 1
P Outlook 2007 - Missing Calendar Item Using Outlook 4
P Outlook 2007 - Missing Calendar Item Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 - Advanced Find - No Status Bar = No Item Count Using Outlook 2
R What happen to 'View Attachments' context menu item in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 6
A Custom form - hitting 'next item' button hangs Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E hot to get the email address of an outlook mail item from "on behalf of" part Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D How to identify a mail item from a public folder in MS Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
G Outlook 2007 Meeting Item Send Button Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
P How to get Selected text form Mail item in outlook in ATL COM Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Q Outlook become non responsive if i write outlook item in bulk Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 20
A Read Outlook Mail Item From Value Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H Add an item to the "new" - option in outlook toolbar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Victor_50 Problem - Google Workspace will stop "unsafe" access to Outlook end 2024 Using Outlook 3
C New pc, new outlook, is it possible to import auto-complete emailaddress Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 365 won't take new working password Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Sync Outlook Public Folders to Contacts Using Outlook 2
D Delete Outlook emails from MS server Using Outlook 9
B Outlook tasks and PDF Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2019 is no longer asking for password ... Using Outlook 5
Kika Melo How to mark as Junk any message not from Contacts (in Outlook.com) Using Outlook 3
L Outlook attachments from OneDrive as links Using Outlook 0
G Outlook 365 My iCloud Outlook doesn’t work after reinstalling Microsoft365 on Windows 10 PC – now I get error message on contacts and calendar Using Outlook 1
T How to Export & Import GMAIL Contacts into Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 4
M Synchronization and backup of Outlook from local to server. Using Outlook 8
T How to get an EVENT COLOR option in Outlook 2021 ? Using Outlook 0