Customize CreateItemFromTemplate Macro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello there!

I am very new to VBA. I created a simple Macro that pulls up a template in Outlook, but I would like to change the address in the 'From' Field. Below is my code so far:

Sub Proposal()
Set msg = Application.CreateItemFromTemplate("C:\Users\My Name \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\proposal.oft")
msg.Display
End Sub

I know that the line I am looking for is:

.SentOnBehalfOfName = "email address"

but I don't understand what I'm doing enough to do anything further. Please advise!

Mike

Thanks Diane! That's actually what I did AFTER the msg.display, but it apparently only works if you put it before.

So appreciative of your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Outlook 2021 How to customize colors Outlook 2021 & Office 2021 on PC Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Trying to customize the ribbon but can't figure this one out Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 2016 Understand and customize prepended behavior of recurring task Using Outlook 0
S Customize the autocolor font choices for replying/forwarding messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Y Outlook Task View - Table Format - Customize Reminder Time to Drop-Down Selection Using Outlook 2
V not able to change name in customize Ribbon Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Customize contact record phone fields Using Outlook 2
A Customize meeting form. Private notices Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Customize Attachement Security Warning Using Outlook 1
T Customize Outlook flag Using Outlook 1
H I need a developer to customize an Outlook Contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S How can I Customize Message Header in both Reading Pane and Open Message Design? Using Outlook 1
M Customize Comments / Notes Section time stamp on Contact Records BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
Diane Poremsky Customize the Outlook Toolbar, Ribbon or QAT Using Outlook 0
Ankit Agrawal Customize themes in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
M please customize this code Using Outlook 1
M please customize this code Using Outlook 1
B Customize OWA page to open in a new window when logging in Exchange Server Administration 1
G Customize Outlook Today folder Using Outlook 0
O BCM 2010 - Customize a field with a consecutive number? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M How can I customize the Follow Up Flag message in Quick Steps? Using Outlook 1
C Anyone found a way to customize search? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
L How to customize the Advanced Find form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Re: How to customize the Advanced Find form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Customize button image for separate Outlook forms region Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R How to implement customize toolbar in outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Customize current view (in Account List) Business Contact Manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
N How to add fields to customize reports in BCM? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
C CreateItemFromTemplate throws OutOfMemoryException Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
X Custom icon (not from Office 365) for a macro in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
X Run macro automatically when a mail appears in the sent folder Using Outlook 5
mrrobski68 Issue with Find messages in a conversation macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Creating Macro to scrape emails from calendar invite body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
M Use Macro to change account settings Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Macro to Reply to Emails w/ Template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C Outlook - Macro to block senders domain - Macro Fix Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S macro error 4605 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Macro Mail Alert Using Outlook 4
J Outlook 365 Outlook Macro to Sort emails by column "Received" to view the latest email received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Macro to send email as alias Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Outlook Macro to save as Email with a file name format : Date_Timestamp_Sender initial_Email subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro GoTo user defined search folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
D Outlook 2016 Creating an outlook Macro to select and approve Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to send an Email Template from User Defined Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to check Cursor & Focus position Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
V Macro to mark email with a Category Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Outlook 2019 Macro not working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook 365 Help me create a Macro to make some received emails into tasks? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Geldner Send / Receive a particular group via macro or single keypress Using Outlook 1