VSTO 2008 how to bind Form Region controls to Item data fields

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

escamoteur

Hi,

perhaps it's so obvious that I don't see it, but I searching the web now for about an hour and don't find an answer.

I'm using Outlook 2007.

So far I used VS2005 and designed my Form Regions with the Outlook Form Designer.

Now I wanted to try the new VS2008 and I'm excited how easy the generation of an Add-In is BUT:

I can add a new Form Region, fine, but how do I add Controls that are bound to the Item Data Fields like a text control that is

bound the the "Subject" field of its Outlook Item??

Also how can I add "Outlook Specific controls" to a Form created with the VS2008 designer? Like the Body Control, or the Outlook

Categorie control?

Please give a pointer!

Tom

Hi,

nobody there who can help me?

Tom

"escamoteur" <mail@burkharts.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5A559CB9-BC02-4998-AD21-9B649439A92B@microsoft.com...
> Hi,

> perhaps it's so obvious that I don't see it, but I searching the web now for about an hour and don't find an answer.

> I'm using Outlook 2007.

> So far I used VS2005 and designed my Form Regions with the Outlook Form Designer.

> Now I wanted to try the new VS2008 and I'm excited how easy the generation of an Add-In is BUT:

> I can add a new Form Region, fine, but how do I add Controls that are bound to the Item Data Fields like a text control that is
> bound the the "Subject" field of its Outlook Item??

> Also how can I add "Outlook Specific controls" to a Form created with the VS2008 designer? Like the Body Control, or the Outlook
> Categorie control?

> Please give a pointer!

> Tom
>

See if that helps... this is in your formRegion.vb

Private Sub frDigIt_FormRegionShowing(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.FormRegionShowing

Dim mailItem As Outlook.MailItem

If TypeOf (Me.OutlookItem) Is Outlook.MailItem Then

If Me.OutlookFormRegion.FormRegionMode = _

Outlook.OlFormRegionMode.olFormRegionRead Then

mailItem = CType(Me.OutlookItem, _

Outlook.MailItem)

Label1.Text = "This form region contains information " & _

"about " & mailItem.Subject

End If

End If

End Sub

escamoteur wrote on Wed, 05 May 2010 16:00
> Hi,

> nobody there who can help me?
> Tom

> "escamoteur" <mail@burkharts.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5A559CB9-BC02-4998-AD21-9B649439A92B@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> > perhaps it's so obvious that I don't see it, but I searching the web now for about an hour and don't find an answer.
> > I'm using Outlook 2007.
> > So far I used VS2005 and designed my Form Regions with the Outlook Form Designer.
> > Now I wanted to try the new VS2008 and I'm excited how easy the generation of an Add-In is BUT:
> > I can add a new Form Region, fine, but how do I add Controls that are bound to the Item Data Fields like a text control that is
> > bound the the "Subject" field of its Outlook Item??
> > Also how can I add "Outlook Specific controls" to a Form created with the VS2008 designer? Like the Body Control, or the Outlook
> > Categorie control?
> > Please give a pointer!
> > Tom
> >

www.gloVapor.com Electronic Cigarette manufacturer. Nicotine Juice, vaporizers, batteries and much more....

Hi Tom,

I believe you can't use the VS designer to get Outlook specific controls.

If you want those you still need to design the form in Outlook and import it

via the New Form Region command.

Regards,

Casper

"escamoteur" wrote:

> Hi,

> nobody there who can help me?
> Tom

> "escamoteur" <mail@burkharts.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5A559CB9-BC02-4998-AD21-9B649439A92B@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> > perhaps it's so obvious that I don't see it, but I searching the web now for about an hour and don't find an answer.
> > I'm using Outlook 2007.
> > So far I used VS2005 and designed my Form Regions with the Outlook Form Designer.
> > Now I wanted to try the new VS2008 and I'm excited how easy the generation of an Add-In is BUT:
> > I can add a new Form Region, fine, but how do I add Controls that are bound to the Item Data Fields like a text control that is
> > bound the the "Subject" field of its Outlook Item??
> > Also how can I add "Outlook Specific controls" to a Form created with the VS2008 designer? Like the Body Control, or the Outlook
> > Categorie control?
> > Please give a pointer!
> > Tom
> >

> .
>

Status
Not open for further replies.