Outlook 2007 Keyboard Shortcuts

LMS

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi.

Next step:

Have the macros that start the email templates and automatically to the contact I open or just idenify, and the macros that create the combobox with the droplist of the email templates.

So if I don't create the bullet points for the macros, is there a way to adjust the macros or do something else that creates a keyboard shortcut to the macro. So if I identify a contact or want to open up the droplist, is there a way to have the keyboard shortcut do it?

And if so, are there limitations on which keyboard areas?

For example, Alt-1 ot can do Alt-a and the same: Ctrl -1 or Ctrl - a?

Thanks so much. I so appreciate your help!!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
In Outlook 2007, the only shortcuts you assign to macros are when you add the buttons to the QAT. The combobox should do 'type ahead' - for example, if you use "vcard on email " and "welcome email, "thank you email" you can type v,w, or t then press enter.

So... you could use Alt+4, v enter to open a template

LMS

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
thanks very much...

can you please explain where in the button shows the shortcut assigned and how to i create that shortcut...where?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
In the QAT, they are assigned automatically in the order they display. Press Alt to see the shortcut assignments. In the main outlook window you can add a & in from of the let you want to use in the shortcut.

LMS

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
again thank you....did you say that I can add a & in front of the first letter of the words and then the shortcut will be the Alt-letter?

LMS

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
the Alt -letter did not work.....what do I do please?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
In the main outlook interface, with the old toolbars, & signifies the shortcut. I think it's Ctrl+ the letter after the & but it's been forever since I used customized the old toolbars.

The QAT is Alt+ a number.

LMS

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
as an example.....the caption of the bullet point in QAT is &1 which means I do Alt +1? correct?