Santo

How can I import my email accounts settings from Outlook 2007 to the 2010

version_

In article <61A49CFA-7C36-4FDD-A843-7006327A33C5@microsoft.com>,

Santo says...

> How can I import my email accounts settings from Outlook 2007 to the 2010
> version_

*Don't* use the import function. Just copy your old PST file across,

and then File Open (Outlook data file) it in Outlook.

Duncan.

You can't.

Create them yourself.

Russ Valentine

"Santo" <Santo> wrote in message

news:61A49CFA-7C36-4FDD-A843-7006327A33C5@microsoft.com...
> version_

You can't.

Create them yourself.

Russ Valentine

"Santo" <Santo> wrote in message

news:61A49CFA-7C36-4FDD-A843-7006327A33C5@microsoft.com...
> version_

Yes you can...it's easy and virtually seamless:

1. Buy a copy of ABF Outlook Backup (www.outlookbackup.com). $40
  2. Install it on both the 'donor' computer and the 'recipient' computer, with Outlook present on both.
  3. Back up the Outlook on the first machine
  4. Transfer the file to the 2nd machine
  5. Restore Outlook on the 2nd machine using the program and file.
  6. You are done.

Best forty bucks I ever spent. I spent hours looking around various web sites and forums, and was constantly informed (like above) that I would have to hand key in my 21 e-mail addresses into the accounts, cut and paste .pst files, etc.

The task looked daunting. I Googled "tranfer Outlook from one computer to another" and "move outlook 2007 to outlook 2010", and a hundred derivations of the same. They all said the same things.....major labor, registry edits, and worst of all, as Russ advised, manual account data reconstruction.

Deeply buried in one thread was a reference to Outlook Backup. Kind of a second thought in someone's message. So, I looked at it, and tried it.

None of the above hassles of cutting, pasting, and manual entry were necessary....my account info, settings, signature files, fonts, backgrounds, all e-mails, archive data, etc was seamlessly moved.

I had to fix about five of my folder 'rules' on the new computer...somehow, those moved but needed editing. Ten minutes. Everything else was PERFECT.

I'm up, running, and happy.

And, I will be from time to time running a backup of Outlook with the handy program, and storing it off site in the event I have an Outlook crash or data destruction.

Once in a while, great software comes around...this is it, and it's reasonably priced.

That is the only app I am aware of that does a decent job. Windows Easy Transfer should be avoided at all cost - its ok to use it to move the pst file (but not necessary). I'm not sure why you would need to edit the registry - the registry entries that get screwed up are binary editing them is not recommended - its easier to make a new profile.

The only cost free method is to do it yourself, which isn't all that difficult unless you have a ton of accounts (like the guy with 50!)

For the steps needed to move outlook manually, see move outlook to a new computer

actually migration from one version to another version causes series damage to the pst file. because during migration process only certain folders of PST file migrates to new or other version and leaves certain or other folders, which causes PST file damage, or it doesn't gets open in other system due to lose of Outlook settings. To transfer email account setting you need use Remo Outlook backup and migrate software, which comes with good user interface comes with all Outlook items enables you select the necessary folder among Outlook items. you can download demo version to check it's functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Transfer Outlook TextBox Text Into Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
W Transfer Outlook 2016 autocomplete file to Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is it possible to transfer things from one calendar to another Using Outlook 2
C Transfer Autocomplete from Pop to Exchange Using Outlook 3
M Transfer To New Computer - Lost Some Outlook Functionality Using Outlook 0
R can I transfer outlook data from old pc by using .ost file instead of the .pst Using Outlook 5
V Outlook 2013 - transfer autocomplete data Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky Transfer POP3 Mail on an iPhone to Outlook Using Outlook 7
P Macros in Word 2003 - how to transfer to another Word 2003? Using Outlook 1
E Some Calendars Not Visible After Transfer Using Outlook 2
A Creating rule to create week folder and transfer mail using alert Using Outlook 3
M HELP--Extract Data from 2003 outlook transfer to excel spreadsheet Using Outlook 1
S Anyone know how to transfer Outlook Express "Identities" to Outlook 2010 ... Using Outlook 1
D Unable to transfer rules from one Outlook computer to another Using Outlook 5
L How do I set up or transfer a distribution list into Global contac BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J WINDOWS EASY TRANSFER does not allow for BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
O transfer BCM SQL data without backup BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
K transfer iphone contacts to microsoft outlook on computer Using Outlook 4
K Outlook 2003 to 2007 data transfer Using Outlook 3
T Transfer Form to other pc's Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Email address auto-completes work fine on laptop, but no longer on desktop Using Outlook 2
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Copying email address(es) in body of email and pasting in To field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
farrissf Outlook 2016 Optimizing Email Searches in Outlook 2016: Seeking Insights on Quick Search vs Advanced Search Features Using Outlook 0
D Delete selected text in outgoing email body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Graphics in email / Mac recipient garbled Using Outlook 0
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Print email attachments when hit subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Spam Email? Using Outlook 2
G Automatically delete email when a condition is met Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - digitally sign email doesn't works Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Email was migrated from GoDaddy to Microsoft exchange. We lost IMAP ability Exchange Server Administration 1
R Outlook 365 How to integrate a third-party app with Outlook to track email and sms? Using Outlook 2
S Paperclip icon shows without attachment in email under Sent folder Using Outlook 0
B Outlook 2019 Automatically move email after assigning category Using Outlook 4
Rupert Dragwater How to permanently remove an email address Using Outlook 9
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Auto changing email subject line in bulk Using Outlook 2
F Want to add second email to Outlook for business use Using Outlook 4
kburrows Outlook Email Body Text Disappears/Overlaps, Folders Switch Around when You Hover, Excel Opens Randomly and Runs in the Background - Profile Corrupt? Using Outlook 0
J Outlook 365 Outlook Macro to Sort emails by column "Received" to view the latest email received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Outlook 2019 Help with forwarding email without mentioning the previous email sender. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Macro to send email as alias Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M Shift Delete doesn't delete email from server Using Outlook 3