Endless loop when to the new Outlook Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Admin

Problem:

"To continue accessing your mail using Microsoft Office Outlook, you must

upgrade to the latest version of Outlook connector."

I click Upgrade Now. I follow the steps and it looks like it is installing.

But the next time I start Outlook the same message comes up. I repeated

this three times. I restarted my computer. Then I uninstalled Connector and downloaded from the MS website and installed. I still get the same message when I start Outlook.

Microsoft is aware of the problem and turned off the automatic update feature until they figure out what went wrong - if you haven't updated yet, it shouldn't force you to right now.

This method should avoid problems:

1. Close outlook - very important!

2. Uninstall the older version (not required, but i prefer to do this)

3. Download and install the new connector yourself

4. Restart Outlook.

(for others who might find this post - the connector can be downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=39db2b89-af2e-41f9-a175-f93e1377959f&displaylang=en )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
makinmyway Trouble Installing BCM Outlook 2013; Endless Install Loop Happens Using Outlook 0
A ItemAdd on Imap Folder get endless loop after saving item Using Outlook 5
S Macro for Loop through outlook unread emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A VBA macro for 15 second loop in send and received just for 1 specific mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Broken Folder Loop - Outlook 2007 (.oft files) Using Outlook 2
S Business Contact Manager (BCM) causing Outlook crash loop BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
K loop through distribution group (and potentially, embedded DGs) by Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H For Each loop not getting all Email Items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Loop mail items within a Custom Search Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M If loop not running Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook VBA Form not finding FOR LOOP -- Error message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Loop Attachment (once again) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
J Outlook 2016 Can't display some embedded HTML images in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
J Outlook EAS protocol version Using Outlook 1
N Outlook 2021 'Run Script" Rules? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Why does Outlook (desktop) 365 for Windows keep making me input my passwords? Using Outlook 8
P Comcast IMAP broken but their second level support said to call "the Outlook company" Using Outlook 4
bdsermons Outlook 365 command button in outlook form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B iCloud telling me my Outlook is not supported Using Outlook 2
cheapfaremart Which outlook version is best? Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2021 Cannot open attachments Outlook DeskTop 2021 Using Outlook 0
M Outlook settings will not accept a password Using Outlook 9
C Outlook FROM ADDRESS -Outlook.com and Android Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 365 Outlook/VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
O How to find and replace a word in Outlook-Agenda-Subject and Message? Using Outlook 0
gproston Why doesn't Outlook remember indexing? Using Outlook 1
X Open Hyperlinks in an Outlook Email Message (Help with Diane's solution) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Outlook 2003 .pst Will Not Restore Completely to Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 5
R Outlook Logging Using Outlook 6
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Email notifications changed with Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 8
Y Disable Microsoft Outlook Test Message Using Outlook 5
J Outlook 365 Outlook 2016/365 Contacts Lose Info when Favorited to the To-Do Bar Using Outlook 2
Commodore Are newer versions of Outlook still "less secure" to Google? Using Outlook 22
Commodore Any way to create "from-only" account on Outlook 2021? Using Outlook 1
Z Outlook.com OST Stopped working without explanation Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
glnz How to retrieve or redo Verizon.net email password without affecting Outlook connection? Using Outlook 1
S New Outlook Appointment - Select All Body Text and Change Font and Size Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Outlook 2021 Outlook-2021 (64-bit) and iCloud-for-Windows v13.0 - It Works Good. Using Outlook 9
O Outlook 365 - Gmail and Outlook: how to force Outlook to start up in Gmail? Using Outlook 2
M Seeking PDF Recommendation for Outlook that retains links Using Outlook 7
J SCANPST errors Outlook PST repair? Using Outlook 1
L did MS ever add way to text via Outlook Using Outlook 5
M Outlook 365 refuses to send email Using Outlook 1
P How can I stop Outlook 365 duplicating the posts? Using Outlook 2
P How to add a column named categories when searching in Outlook Using Outlook 0
J VBA for outlook to compare and sync between calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook 2003 Mail Fails Using Outlook 1
K Closing external IMAP email... Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
A force outlook to default to MY calendar Using Outlook 3
E Outlook VBA change GetDefaultFolder dynamically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6