Note: The GMT offset above does not reflect daylight saving time adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SBrissen

In some of our outlook appointments users are seeing this message: Note: The GMT offset above does not reflect daylight saving time adjustments. The time is correct on the appointments so I know there isn't a problem, but it doesn't show on all the appointments. I'm trying to find some pattern as to why they show so I can explain to our users that its not a problem. The weird thing is userA may see the note in an appointment, while userB doesn't see it in the same appointment.
Any ideas?

Hi,

This problem occurs when the meeting organizer is using Outlook 2007 SP2 and the attendee:

a. is using a non-Outlook client, or

b. has an Exchange 2007 mailbox and the Calendar assistant processes the meeting

Outlook always includes the meeting date/time and location in the body of meeting requests so non-Outlook clients (otherwise known as " down-level" clients) can see this information even if they don't get the normal Outlook UI for handling meetings (like Accept, Decline, etc.). Since Outlook knows about the existence of this text it knows to hide the text when you view the same meeting using Outlook.

Normally, this is not a problem. However, during Daylight Saving time (DST) the down-level text does not accurately reflect the correct DST adjustment. Therefore, this additional note was added in SP2 to the down-level text so recipients know the time listed may not be correct (1 hour off). This is why the down-level text now has the following text:

" The GMT offset above does not reflect daylight saving time adjustments."

-----------
The following are examples of some down-level clients that will display this text:

Outlook Express

BlackBerry device

Any handheld device

other 3rd party email client

OWA

Mike Shen

This doesn't necessarily explain the issue, there was no mention of a down-level client,
I have 2 users that are on our exchange server using outlook 2007 sp2 and they both see it.
I see it on my reoccurring meeting but not my single meetings.

Hi Mike,
You have said:" Outlook always includes the meeting date/time and location in the body of meeting requests"
I have a request about it.
When I used Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003, it didn't happend.
Now, when I use Outlook 2003/2007 with Exchange 2007, it occurs.
Can I enable/disable this feature? Do you know any KB or Microsoft Technical Document that explains this?
Thank you for your help...
Regards,
Rafa

Bummer to have no response. I'm just experiencing my first instance of this with Outlook 2007 SP2 and Exchange 2003. While knowing that the time MAY not be correct is better than nothing, having to do another full communication round with confused recipients is quite the waste. What would be better would be to know 1) the answer, 2) a workaround or 3) a way to validate what IS the correct time.

The more affected users that mention this issue (by posting here and elsewhere), the more likely it is to produce an authoritative reply. So please, if this is affecting you, please sign in and let us know.

Thanks!

I have an end-user who is seeing this message. I wish someone could provide something to tell/fix the end-user - as it sits right now, I have nothing....

I am now seeing the issue on a few users but worse yet is when the user accepts this invite via OWA the calendar is then off by an hour. which makes people miss meetings.

Um, did you ever consider just _fixing_ the bug, rather than adding an explanatory note saying that the software generating the invite is broken?

So, what is the solution so far? users are not happy with the explanation , so any registry entries to remove or MS fixes?

We were fine untill we upgraded from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010. Our users are on Outlook 2007 SP2 pre and post exchange migration

Re: Note: The GMT offset above does not reflect daylight saving time adjustmen

We were fine untill we upgraded from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010. Our users are on Outlook 2007 SP2 pre and post exchange migration

If you have issues with the 1 hour difference:

I have Exchange 2007 with Outlook 2010 32 bit. For ongoing meetings, you can change the reaccurance to a different time and then change it back. It will then post accurately. I don't have this issue with single meetings.

Status
Not open for further replies.