MailItem Find method doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cmon

I'm using outlook interop version 11. The outlook is 2003. The code is in c# .net, console application. It works on my computer, but when I put it on the server, it can't read the mailitem.
When I tried it on the server, I can find all of the item that fits with the filter., say, I found 3 emails out of 20000 emails.

When I use

Code:
oUnreadMailItem = (MailItem)oItems.Find(sFilterInbox);
It can't find the email that I'm looking for.

If I use

Code:
oUnreadMailItem = (MailItem)oItems[1];
I can find the email.

Some part of the code:
Code:
                String sTotalEmail = oInboxFolder.Items.Count.ToString(); 
                String sFilterInbox = "@SQL=\"urn:schemas:httpmail:read\"=0 and \"urn:schemas:httpmail:subject\" like '%" + sSubjectEmailPattern + "%' and \"urn:schemas:httpmail:fromemail\" like '%" + sEmailSenderPattern + "%' "; 
                putMessage("Filter: " + sFilterInbox); 
                oInboxFolderItems = oInboxFolder.Items.Restrict(sFilterInbox); 
                oInboxFolderItems.Sort("ReceivedTime", true); 
                if(oInboxFolderItems.Count > 0) 
                    dtLastReceivedTime = ((MailItem)oInboxFolderItems[1]).ReceivedTime; 
                String sCount = oInboxFolderItems.Count.ToString(); 
                putMessage("Found " + sCount + " " + CheckReFaxOn.ToString() + " message(s) out of " + sTotalEmail + " email(s)."); 
                Items oItems = oInboxFolder.Items.Restrict(sFilterInbox); 
                iTotalEmailNeedToBeCheck = oItems.Count; 
                oUnreadMailItem = (MailItem)oItems.Find(sFilterInbox); 
                MailItem oMailTest = null; 
                while(oUnreadMailItem != null) // this works on my computer but it won't work (always null) on server 
                { 
                // do something 
                }

It only happens on the server. It will do fine on my computer.
Any idea why?

Also when I loop through the mails on the inbox, it will only loops half way.
Code:
sFilterInbox = "[UnRead]=true"; 
foreach(MailItem Item in oInboxFolder.Items.Restrict(sFilterInbox)) /// read unread only 
{ 
  //if(something) 
  //  mark as read 
  //else 
  //  continue 
}
Example: I found 5 unread email. It will read the first 3.
This happens only when I mark the email as read. Any idea how to loop the proper way?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S MailItem Find Method question Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
V How to find mailitem in the inspector is a brand new one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P MailItem.To Property with VBA not work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Event when creating task from mailitem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
U Outbox Message Stuck after reading some MailItem Properties with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
oliv- Best practice for catching mailitem.events Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
oliv- How to select an mailitem in explorer with "show as conversation" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
JorgeDario How to capture and save the text, when responding a MailItem? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
JorgeDario how to check a MailItem has a digital signature (SMIME) with vba? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
JorgeDario ¿What property of mailitem can be used like primary key? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
S Outlook VBA rule script to process both MailItem and MeetingItem Using Outlook 0
B right click outlook objects in OL2010 acts on current inbox mailitem Using Outlook 6
C MailItem.SaveAs not working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
G RE:The signature is also inserted if you touch the MailItem. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Add signature to MailItem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
C How can I create a new MailItem inside a user folder? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Create a new Outlook MailItem in an Outlook folder(not a draft) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A How to get OOM MailItem Raw data Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Saved Property of MailItem is copied Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Getting the attachments in MailItem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T How to get MailItem.Body without security warning in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S ->[O2007] Parsing each line of a MailItem HTMLBody? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T How to get Inspector or MailItem from wordEditor Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
A Select the position of an attached file in a HTML mailitem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M MailItem object has no property for when a reply was sent Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Insert information to MailItem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Properties added to MailItem in ItemSend event visible to recipien Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Setting HTMLBody of new mailItem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Activate "Add digital signature to this massage" on a MailItem? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K importing EML in MailItem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A mailitem Send issue Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Get email address from MailItem.To? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
S UserProperties of MailItem object. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R How to capture a Mailitem Event Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S get current position in message body of mailitem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
S How to get RFC822 format message from the MailItem object. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Toolbar button to process current mailitem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D MailItem from an RSS feed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Outlook 2007 crashed when pushing send on a displayed mailitem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Memory with MailItem.Send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Adding a button in a mailitem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Reading mailitem after mail is send give runtime error. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Max. length of MSO MailItem.EntryID Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
R MailItem.Display() error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Clone mailitem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
R MailItem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Length of the MailItem.EntryID Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M What is the recommendet way to read/write a user defined Field (Named Property) in the MailItem Obje Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M What is the recommendet way to read/write a user defined Field (Named Property) in the MailItem Obje Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5