Email to Task Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaupeDawg

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Since I regularly convert many of my emails into tasks, is there a way to create a rule that will automatically convert emails with a specific subject line, into a task?

Here you go - add it to the VBA editor and create a rule to run a script.

Updated: fixed it so the message body is added to the task

Sub ConvertMailtoTask(Item As Outlook.MailItem)
Dim strTaskName As String
strTaskName = Item.Subject

Dim objTask As Outlook.TaskItem
Set objTask = Application.CreateItem(olTaskItem)
objTask.Subject = strTaskName
objTask.StartDate = Item.ReceivedTime
objTask.Body = Item.Body
objTask.Save
Set objTask = Nothing

End Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Can I create a Rule that sends me an email when I get a Task? Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Create a Task from an Email using a Rule Using Outlook 0
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Z VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Using a VBA Custom Form to Send Reoccurring Email Upon Task Completion Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
W Deleting Sent Task Email, Deletes the task from my list Using Outlook 1
L Email to task without changin formatting Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
S Task Update coming as email and not updating task Using Outlook 3
Bachelle Macro to Update Existing Task from New Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Send a Reminder/Task to certain Email Recipient Using Outlook 5
Diane Poremsky Create Tasks from Email and move to different Task folders Using Outlook 0
D Script to parse email and set a task Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Create task with email URL instead of attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
J Format change when dragging from email to Task Using Outlook 1
A Create Task from Email and put body & email as attachment into task notes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
H Create a Task by Draft-EMail > Task+Reminder not Working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Creating a Task from Email and Attaching Original Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
I VBA Recurring Task Converted From Email Using Outlook 2
C Visual Basic auto create task from email including attachments Using Outlook 9
M Send email on task creation? Using Outlook 2
S Tasks are handled through email but deleted email removes task history? Exchange Server Administration 3
A Send Email to Task while sending to Email address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Tasks - convert email to task & attach email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
K send email when task changes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K Copy Entire Email Content - Paste into new Task Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Email address auto-completes work fine on laptop, but no longer on desktop Using Outlook 2
H Copying email address(es) in body of email and pasting in To field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
farrissf Outlook 2016 Optimizing Email Searches in Outlook 2016: Seeking Insights on Quick Search vs Advanced Search Features Using Outlook 0
D Delete selected text in outgoing email body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Graphics in email / Mac recipient garbled Using Outlook 0
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Print email attachments when hit subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Spam Email? Using Outlook 2
G Automatically delete email when a condition is met Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - digitally sign email doesn't works Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Email was migrated from GoDaddy to Microsoft exchange. We lost IMAP ability Exchange Server Administration 1
R Outlook 365 How to integrate a third-party app with Outlook to track email and sms? Using Outlook 2
S Paperclip icon shows without attachment in email under Sent folder Using Outlook 0
B Outlook 2019 Automatically move email after assigning category Using Outlook 4
Rupert Dragwater How to permanently remove an email address Using Outlook 9
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Auto changing email subject line in bulk Using Outlook 2
F Want to add second email to Outlook for business use Using Outlook 4
kburrows Outlook Email Body Text Disappears/Overlaps, Folders Switch Around when You Hover, Excel Opens Randomly and Runs in the Background - Profile Corrupt? Using Outlook 0