send email when task changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kevin Edwards

Hi All

I've setup categories in my task list and shared it with my boss so he can

edit them

But I want some kind of audit trail. Otherwise I can imagine that on Monday

a task is at priority 4. On Tuesday he changes it to priority 1 - I don't

notice or he forgets and EOB Tuesday he's asking why it isn't done.

So if I could get some vba that would email me when a task is edited with a

certain subject line, I could create a rule to file them and have my audit

trail. Thanks.
 

Michael Bauer

Senior Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
This example demonstrates how a changed property triggers the ItemChange

event. In the event you can check for the Priority property, and use the

CreateItem function to create an email:

http://www.vboffice.net/en/developers/execute-code-when-task-is-completed

Best regards

Michael Bauer

Am Mon, 27 Jul 2009 20:06:01 -0700 schrieb Kevin Edwards:


> Hi All

> I've setup categories in my task list and shared it with my boss so he can
> edit them

> But I want some kind of audit trail. Otherwise I can imagine that on


Monday
> a task is at priority 4. On Tuesday he changes it to priority 1 - I don't
> notice or he forgets and EOB Tuesday he's asking why it isn't done.

> So if I could get some vba that would email me when a task is edited with


a
> certain subject line, I could create a rule to file them and have my audit
> trail. Thanks.
 
K

Kevin Edwards

Thanks tremendously Michael - my googling wasn't turning up much.

My VBAs very rusty. So before I get into this - rather than training my

boss to leave a note on his edits - will I be able to email what has changed

e.g. completion date or changes to the body.

"Michael Bauer " wrote:



> This example demonstrates how a changed property triggers the ItemChange
> event. In the event you can check for the Priority property, and use the
> CreateItem function to create an email:

> http://www.vboffice.net/en/developers/execute-code-when-task-is-completed

> > Best regards
> Michael Bauer

> > >

> Am Mon, 27 Jul 2009 20:06:01 -0700 schrieb Kevin Edwards:
>
> > Hi All
> > I've setup categories in my task list and shared it with my boss so he can
> > edit them
> > But I want some kind of audit trail. Otherwise I can imagine that on

> Monday
> > a task is at priority 4. On Tuesday he changes it to priority 1 - I don't
> > notice or he forgets and EOB Tuesday he's asking why it isn't done.
> > So if I could get some vba that would email me when a task is edited with

> a
> > certain subject line, I could create a rule to file them and have my audit
> > trail. Thanks.

>
 

Michael Bauer

Senior Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
No, you won't. For that you'd have to add a few steps: Use the Selection

change event of the ActiveExplorer, and whenever a new item gets selected,

temporarily store the properties of your interested in variables. When the

ItemChange fires, compare your stored data with the current property values

of the changed item.

Best regards

Michael Bauer

Am Tue, 28 Jul 2009 13:35:01 -0700 schrieb Kevin Edwards:


> Thanks tremendously Michael - my googling wasn't turning up much.

> My VBAs very rusty. So before I get into this - rather than training my
> boss to leave a note on his edits - will I be able to email what has


changed
> e.g. completion date or changes to the body.

> "Michael Bauer " wrote:
>
>

>
>> This example demonstrates how a changed property triggers the ItemChange
> > event. In the event you can check for the Priority property, and use the
> > CreateItem function to create an email:
>

>>


http://www.vboffice.net/en/developers/execute-code-when-task-is-completed
>

>> > > Best regards
> > Michael Bauer
>

>> >> >>

>

>
>> Am Mon, 27 Jul 2009 20:06:01 -0700 schrieb Kevin Edwards:
> >
> >> Hi All
> >
>>> I've setup categories in my task list and shared it with my boss so he


can
> >> edit them
> >
>>> But I want some kind of audit trail. Otherwise I can imagine that on

> > Monday
> >> a task is at priority 4. On Tuesday he changes it to priority 1 - I


don't
> >> notice or he forgets and EOB Tuesday he's asking why it isn't done.
> >
>>> So if I could get some vba that would email me when a task is edited


with
> > a
> >> certain subject line, I could create a rule to file them and have my


audit
> >> trail. Thanks.

> >
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D Using a VBA Custom Form to Send Reoccurring Email Upon Task Completion Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
E Send a Reminder/Task to certain Email Recipient Using Outlook 5
M Send email on task creation? Using Outlook 2
A Send Email to Task while sending to Email address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook 365 refuses to send email Using Outlook 1
M Outlook, send to > mail recipient - results in plain text email Using Outlook 1
glnz O365 - How to send from acct 2 but showing email name from acct 1 as From - alias? Using Outlook 0
M Extract all links from Outlook email, send to Excel Using Outlook 2
T After I send a new email, it remains in the Draft folder Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
S Change VBA script to send HTML email instead of text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M ERROR: None of your email accounts could send to this recipient Using Outlook 2
J Add an Attachment Using an Array and Match first 17 Letters to Matching Template .oft to Send eMail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
ChrisK2 Send email to advertise@slipstick.com fails: "The group advertising isn't set up to receive messages from..." Using Outlook 3
R auto send email when meeting closes from a shared calendar only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
X Unable to send an email from one account to another on same PC Using Outlook 2
M VBA to send reminder email if no response Using Outlook 13
M Can't send email in outlook.com Using Outlook 9
B When working on emails in a certain folder, when I hit reply or reply all, I would like it re always reply all and add an email address to send to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Outlook - Send New 20 Attachments through Email Using Outlook 4
S Send email via SMTP - use transport rules to add to senders inbox (then rule to move to sent items Exchange Server Administration 1
R Prompt asking the user to send email to folder as *.msg file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D send email from Excel using outlook template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Is it possible to automatically send an email when it is moved to a folder? Exchange Server Administration 1
Diane Poremsky How to Send Email When Traveling or Using Public Wi-Fi Using Outlook 0
B VBA Help Email that will save as draft and send as attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Automatically send email based on drop-down field? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H send reminder if no reply received on first or original email using macro Using Outlook 2
K Macro Not Executing then send email from Explorer Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Block user to send emails to specific set of email ids Using Outlook 1
T Can't send email through connected account (outlook.live.com) - goes to Drafts folder Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
C Custom Application Form send Email to Another User Using Outlook 1
C Macro to send email after changing from address and adding signature Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Send an Email When a Reminder Fires Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Diane Poremsky Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Send email to all addresses for one Contact Using Outlook 0
G "Delay Delivery" Email fails to send if opened while in Outbox Using Outlook 4
Diane Poremsky Send an Email When a Reminder Fires Using Outlook 0
A Send email from BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
T Using a macro to send email to diffrent address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Send email from excel based on a condition (outlook 2007) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
V Outlook 2010 – Send email based on categories Using Outlook 2
M Use a macro to send files by email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Outlook VBA to open Excel attachment and send recipient's email address to a workbook cell? Using Outlook 4
S Can't send messages using Outlook 2007 from a business email Using Outlook 3
C outlook 2013-how do i send email to myself? Using Outlook 1
K Struggling to send team email Using Outlook 1
H How to configure “Send As” email in Office 365 Account? Exchange Server Administration 10
H Problems With Outlook 2013 VBA To Send and Print an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Outlook 2010 Send from other email address uses account address instead Using Outlook 1
R Email Send & Receive Turned off but sends automatically anyway Using Outlook 1

Similar threads

Top