Macro to delete e-mail containing specific texts in the subject

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sing Chung

I have an Outlook rule that check for incoming mail, when the mail is from

dcmonitor, with subject containing "NT Event Security" and mail body

containing the words "audit log is cleared", then move the the outlook folder

"Audit Log Cleared".

Now I want it to further call a Macro to process deletion if necessary

before moving to the "Audit Log Cleared" folder.

I have a list of servers that have scheduled job to do audit log clearing at

specified time and day of a week, the sample of the list:

Day Time Servers

Sun 00:01 SS203, SS204, SN404, SN203, SF1203, SL2311

Daily 03:20 SS111, SS320, SN23

Daily 04:21 SN434, SN34

Wed 01:20 SSN2333, SNL2

The list is very long, so tedious to just put these into the rule itself,

further the Outlook rule limitation on rule storage size will be reached.

Therefore I would to have a Macro that do the checking:

1. Look in the subject and look for string that matches any of the server

2. If the match is found check the date and time of the mail and see if the

corresponding day and time (allow time window of 1 hour) in the list matches.

3. If matches, delete the e-mail

4. If no match, exit.
 

Michael Bauer

Senior Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
What is your question?

Best regards

Michael Bauer

Am Thu, 23 Jul 2009 20:24:01 -0700 schrieb Sing Chung:


> I have an Outlook rule that check for incoming mail, when the mail is from
> dcmonitor, with subject containing "NT Event Security" and mail body
> containing the words "audit log is cleared", then move the the outlook


folder
> "Audit Log Cleared".
> Now I want it to further call a Macro to process deletion if necessary
> before moving to the "Audit Log Cleared" folder.
> I have a list of servers that have scheduled job to do audit log clearing


at
> specified time and day of a week, the sample of the list:
> Day Time Servers
> Sun 00:01 SS203, SS204, SN404, SN203, SF1203, SL2311
> Daily 03:20 SS111, SS320, SN23
> Daily 04:21 SN434, SN34
> Wed 01:20 SSN2333, SNL2
> The list is very long, so tedious to just put these into the rule itself,
> further the Outlook rule limitation on rule storage size will be reached.
> Therefore I would to have a Macro that do the checking:
> 1. Look in the subject and look for string that matches any of the server
> 2. If the match is found check the date and time of the mail and see if


the
> corresponding day and time (allow time window of 1 hour) in the list


matches.
> 3. If matches, delete the e-mail
> 4. If no match, exit.
 
H

Hii Sing Chung

The question is:

How do I write a Macro to:

1. Look in the subject of incoming e-mails (which are already moved to the

"Audit Log Cleared" folder) and look for string that matches any of the

servers in the list (sample shown below)

2. If the match is found check the date and time of the mail and see if the

corresponding day and time (allow time window of 1 hour) in the list

matches.

3. If matches, delete the e-mail

4. If no match, exit?

Background information:

I have an Outlook rule that check for incoming mail, when the mail is from

dcmonitor, with subject containing "NT Event Security" and mail body

containing the words "audit log is cleared", then move the the outlook

folder "Audit Log Cleared".

The sample list of servers look like this:

Day Time Servers

Sun 00:01 SS203, SS204, SN404, SN203, SF1203, SL2311

Daily 03:20 SS111, SS320, SN23

Daily 04:21 SN434, SN34

Wed 01:20 SSN2333, SNL2

The dates and times here refer to the times when these particular servers

are scheduled to do audit log clearing. The idea is if the 'audit log is

cleared' alerts sent by DCMonitor belongs to the groups of servers that are

scheduled to do audit log clearing, then ignore these alerts (delete them),

then only the genuine alerts (those unexpected ones) I need to take care.

The name of the server is included in the subject of the alert e-mails.

"Michael Bauer " <mb@mvps.org> wrote in message

news:fiuepwwz88vg$.10rsy6cn9ltxh.dlg@40tude.net...

> What is your question?

> > Best regards
> Michael Bauer

> >

> Am Thu, 23 Jul 2009 20:24:01 -0700 schrieb Sing Chung:
>
> > I have an Outlook rule that check for incoming mail, when the mail is
> > from
> > dcmonitor, with subject containing "NT Event Security" and mail body
> > containing the words "audit log is cleared", then move the the outlook

> folder
> > "Audit Log Cleared".
> > Now I want it to further call a Macro to process deletion if necessary
> > before moving to the "Audit Log Cleared" folder.
> > I have a list of servers that have scheduled job to do audit log clearing

> at
> > specified time and day of a week, the sample of the list:
> > Day Time Servers
> > Sun 00:01 SS203, SS204, SN404, SN203, SF1203, SL2311
> > Daily 03:20 SS111, SS320, SN23
> > Daily 04:21 SN434, SN34
> > Wed 01:20 SSN2333, SNL2
> > The list is very long, so tedious to just put these into the rule itself,
> > further the Outlook rule limitation on rule storage size will be reached.
> > Therefore I would to have a Macro that do the checking:
> > 1. Look in the subject and look for string that matches any of the server
> > 2. If the match is found check the date and time of the mail and see if

> the
> > corresponding day and time (allow time window of 1 hour) in the list

> matches.
> > 3. If matches, delete the e-mail
> > 4. If no match, exit.
 

Michael Bauer

Senior Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
1. You might start with the ItemAdd event, which fires when an item is added

to a folder.

The server names can be searched in the Subject property of the email with

the Instr function. A question is where you will get the server names and

times from. You can use a collection object or an array, and 'hard-code' the

data; maybe you want to read the data from a file, which would add some

steps.

2. Read the ReceivedTime property, and use the DateDiff function to compare

the date with your collection of dates.

If there's a match, call the item's Delete method.

All mentioned functions are explained, usually with an example, in the VBA

help file.

Best regards

Michael Bauer

Am Wed, 29 Jul 2009 23:44:02 +0800 schrieb Hii Sing Chung:


> The question is:
> How do I write a Macro to:
> 1. Look in the subject of incoming e-mails (which are already moved to the
> "Audit Log Cleared" folder) and look for string that matches any of the
> servers in the list (sample shown below)
> 2. If the match is found check the date and time of the mail and see if


the
> corresponding day and time (allow time window of 1 hour) in the list
> matches.
> 3. If matches, delete the e-mail
> 4. If no match, exit?

> Background information:
> I have an Outlook rule that check for incoming mail, when the mail is from
> dcmonitor, with subject containing "NT Event Security" and mail body
> containing the words "audit log is cleared", then move the the outlook
> folder "Audit Log Cleared".

> The sample list of servers look like this:
> Day Time Servers
> Sun 00:01 SS203, SS204, SN404, SN203, SF1203, SL2311
> Daily 03:20 SS111, SS320, SN23
> Daily 04:21 SN434, SN34
> Wed 01:20 SSN2333, SNL2

> The dates and times here refer to the times when these particular servers
> are scheduled to do audit log clearing. The idea is if the 'audit log is
> cleared' alerts sent by DCMonitor belongs to the groups of servers that


are
> scheduled to do audit log clearing, then ignore these alerts (delete


them),
> then only the genuine alerts (those unexpected ones) I need to take care.
> The name of the server is included in the subject of the alert e-mails.

> "Michael Bauer " <mb@mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:fiuepwwz88vg$.10rsy6cn9ltxh.dlg@40tude.net...
>

>
>> What is your question?
>

>> > > Best regards
> > Michael Bauer
>

>> >> >
>
>> Am Thu, 23 Jul 2009 20:24:01 -0700 schrieb Sing Chung:
> >
> >> I have an Outlook rule that check for incoming mail, when the mail is
> >> from
> >> dcmonitor, with subject containing "NT Event Security" and mail body
> >> containing the words "audit log is cleared", then move the the outlook

> > folder
> >> "Audit Log Cleared".
> >> Now I want it to further call a Macro to process deletion if necessary
> >> before moving to the "Audit Log Cleared" folder.
> >> I have a list of servers that have scheduled job to do audit log


clearing
> > at
> >> specified time and day of a week, the sample of the list:
> >> Day Time Servers
> >> Sun 00:01 SS203, SS204, SN404, SN203, SF1203, SL2311
> >> Daily 03:20 SS111, SS320, SN23
> >> Daily 04:21 SN434, SN34
> >> Wed 01:20 SSN2333, SNL2
> >> The list is very long, so tedious to just put these into the rule


itself,
> >> further the Outlook rule limitation on rule storage size will be


reached.
> >> Therefore I would to have a Macro that do the checking:
> >> 1. Look in the subject and look for string that matches any of the


server
> >> 2. If the match is found check the date and time of the mail and see if

> > the
> >> corresponding day and time (allow time window of 1 hour) in the list

> > matches.
> >> 3. If matches, delete the e-mail
> >> 4. If no match, exit.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Delete mail macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
R Help Revising VBA macro to delete email over different time span Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Help with macro to answer and delete calendar requests? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
7 Macro to mark message as junk and delete Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Macro to block senders domain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D VBA Macro to Print and Save email to network location Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N VBA Macro To Save Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Line to move origEmail to subfolder within a reply macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to answer a mail with attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Outlook 2016 Macro to Reply, ReplyAll, or Forward(but with composing new email) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Macro to Insert a Calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
W Macro to Filter Based on Latest Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
T Macro to move reply and original message to folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
D Autosort macro for items in a view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S HTML to Plain Text Macro - Help Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Macro to file emails into subfolder based on subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Help creating a VBA macro with conditional formatting to change the font color of all external emails to red Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Visual indicator of a certain property or to show a macro toggle Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Modifying VBA script to delay running macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Macro to extract and modify links from emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Replyall macro with template and auto insert receptens Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Macro to add Date & Time etc to "drag to save" e-mails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
S Macro for Loop through outlook unread emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Globalforester ItemAdd Macro - multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Macro to extract email addresses of recipients in current drafted email and put into clipboard Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
witzker HowTo start a macro with an Button in OL contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
witzker Macro to move @domain.xx of a Spammail to Blacklist in Outlook 2019 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
S Macro for other actions - Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 23
C Macro to extract sender name & subject line of incoming emails to single txt file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L Macro/VBA to Reply All, with the original attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Macro to move “Re:” & “FWD:” email recieved the shared inbox to a subfolder in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook Macro to send auto acknowledge mail only to new mails received to a specific shared inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook Macro to move reply mail based on the key word in the subjectline Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Eike Move mails via macro triggered by the click of a button? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Macro or plug-in to see if specific person was included in this email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
U Macro for reminders,tasks,calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
V macro runs slower on startup than after Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N Macro to move all recipients to CC while replying Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A VBA macro for 15 second loop in send and received just for 1 specific mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G VBA Macro Using Outlook 4
M Outlook macro to automate search and forward process Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
R Macro Schedule every day in Outlook Using Outlook 0
L Moving emails with similar subject and find the timings between the emails using outlook VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Healy Consultants Macro to remove inside organization distribution list email address when reply to all recepients Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
geofferyh Cannot get Macro to SAVE more than one message attachment??? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
N How can I increase/faster outlook VBA Macro Speed ? Using Outlook 2
4 Macro to set the category of Deleted Item? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D.Moore Folder view settings by VBA macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 57
A Outlook macro to create search folder with mail categories as criteria Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Dave A Run macro on existing appointment when it changes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1

Similar threads

Top