Status
Not open for further replies.

hydroyves

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
IMAP
Hi Guys,

I am currently trying to code a macro for Outlook 2007, I am totally clueless to VBA and have source for codes around for trail and error...

I need to insert a specific text before the Subject (e.g Yves: RE: Hello World)

So far I can only manage to get the code to insert (Yves: RE:)

if the Subject field is blank...any ideas how to make it default for new mails and reply mails to always have "Yves: RE:" in the subject?

My code as below:

Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)

If Trim(Item.Subject) = "" Then

Item.Subject = "Yves: RE:" + Item.Subject

End If

End Sub

Thank you.

hydroyves

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
IMAP
This line tells it continue if the line is blank ==> If Trim(Item.Subject) = "" Then

Take that line and the end if out so it runs on all messages.
Thank you very much for the advice. Have tried it but doesn't work.

I guess I have to learn from basics before trying this again.

There's a lot of examples but none works for me. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
B Programmatically force html send and insert clipboard contents into body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Auto Insert Current Date or Time into Email Subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
witzker Outlook 2010 Insert Date & Time at the button of an OL contactform in red Using Outlook 2
P Insert link in email body to attached document in Outlook 365 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Copy e-mail body from outlook and insert into excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R How Do I insert images in and Auto Reply Using Outlook 3
L Automatically Insert Recipient Name from To Field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 33
Diane Poremsky Create Task or Appointment and Insert Selected Text New Slipstick.com Articles 0
B Insert Hyperlinks for attachments in Userform Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D Outlook task insert Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Auto Insert of filename when selecting 'Remove Attachment' Using Outlook 1
K Insert screenshots issue Using Outlook 2
makinmyway Recent Files Not Updating when Using Insert Hyperlink in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
L Insert Photo to Contact Using Outlook 23
K OL2010 Button to Insert First Name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
K OL2010 Button to Insert First Name Using Outlook 1
witzker insert Date & Time (HH:mm) no (ss) in userform Using Outlook 6
A insert Date & Time in userform Using Outlook 3
K Macro to insert attachments Using Outlook 1
C Insert a Date Picker for Send Mail Subject Using Outlook 1
C Insert date in Subject through date picker Using Outlook 0
mrje1 Opening a task the Insert Tab Option is not showing up and organizing Tasks Using Outlook 9
R insert picture tab grey Using Outlook 1
K Outlook insert clip art, no results found...address book contacts only show up Using Outlook 5
J Form design - how do I insert an automatic date/time field? Using Outlook 2
M Can I insert pictures from a url address (from web) without downloading ? Using Outlook 1
M Insert clip art, shapes, smart art, chart and screenshot greyed out in OUTLOOK 2010 Using Outlook 2
T My Outlook 2007 - (Public folder-Calendar can't insert to My Favourite)but other calender can insert Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2003: Insert, Item: Unable to insert an old email into a new email Using Outlook 2
L Outlook 2010 Insert file issue Using Outlook 1
Y Ideas: Insert an error code or give a short description of what you are trying to accomplish or fix.__ Using Outlook 1
C Ideas: Insert an error code or give a short description of what you are trying to accomplish or fix.__ Using Outlook 1
G enter key and space bar key insert characters into email Using Outlook 1
B How do I Insert a hyperlink (to company network) in an appointment in Outlook to distribute to attendees? Using Outlook 1
F Ideas: Insert an error code or give a short description of what you are trying to accomplish or fix.__ Using Outlook 2
L Outlook 2010: cannot insert tables or illustrations Using Outlook 14
S Insert 'Requested By' into Task entry Using Outlook 1
B Insert your business card into your email signature in Outlook Using Outlook 2
G How do I find/open Address Book in Windows7 and insert my Outlook Contacts? Using Outlook 3
T Outlook2003 can't insert object Using Outlook 4
M insert picture in body of email Using Outlook 1
K "out of memory error" when user tries to insert an attachment to an outgoing email. Using Outlook 1
N Insert Signature Manually Using Outlook 1
S Error 'outlook cannot launch an application to handle d:\xxxxxx' when try to insert file. Using Outlook 1
K When trying to insert contacts in an email I get the following message: 'Can't contact LDAP Directory Server (81)' Using Outlook 1
R Red x when trying to insert picture into an email since upgrading to Office 2010 Using Outlook 2
R how to insert link to website for e.g. www.xyz.co.in in new email messages. Pl. tell me Using Outlook 2
B Insert Clip Art into HTML message - find picture formatting toolbar too? Using Outlook 6
M Outlook 2007 – Insert Item dialog box shortcomings detected Using Outlook 1