Status
Not open for further replies.

DAVID POWELL

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Diane,
The security patch(s)(KB3203467, KB4011196), OFFICE 2010, on vbscript behind outlook custom forms, seems like a killer for any application in place. with out the"hack" fixes"Unistalling", "Manual Registry Fixes"...

Is microsoft truly aware of what this is doing ?
Maybe i'm being a little to generic, but unless a company just simply ignores the patch, its kills the ability to run any code "vbscript" behind the form.
Just looking for an opinion.

Thanks
David Powell

Yes, they are fully aware of what they did. If you set the registry keys, you can run forms... Custom Form Security Changes

i have a powershell script to add to the page that MS wrote to collect custom form names (for orgs that have a lot of forms).

Diane,
Thanks, but
That is my concern, I cant ask a multi-billion company to set "registry keys" on 7,000 machines.
and respectfully they will not install "powershell scripts".

Is Microsoft specifically, going to fix the issue.

Thanks
David Powell

As far as I know, no they are not going to do anything to change the behavior. Developers whose products install custom forms can set the keys during installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
DoctorJellybean Windows Security Credentials appears once a day Using Outlook 2
noshairwan Registry cannot be found, Outlook Security Using Outlook 2
J Is it no longer possible to suppress Outlook 2019 Invalid Certificate name mismatch security alert via Registry? Using Outlook 1
M 3rd Party Certificate now Security Alert Exchange Server Administration 2
Diane Poremsky Outlook Email Security Update Using Outlook 0
J Customize Attachement Security Warning Using Outlook 1
I Microsoft Security Update KB3097877 Using Outlook 14
Diane Poremsky The security certificate is not from a trusted certifying authority Using Outlook 0
smokiibear windows security mail application not accepting username and password Using Outlook 0
B Outlook Anywhere vs Activesync and Enterprise Security Exchange Server Administration 8
Commodore Skype and contacts security/privacy Using Outlook 1
E email security (backups) Using Outlook 2
A "Microsoft Exchange Add-In" (UmOutlookAddin.dll) + Outlook Security Form ... Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 2007 SSL selfsigned certificate how to stop security popup everytime? Using Outlook 10
T Outlook 2013, McAfee Security Suite and SMTP/POP3 Using Outlook 3
D Windows Security Using Outlook 1
D Outlook Security Question Using Outlook 3
C Security Question - How to prevent users exporting .iaf files Using Outlook 5
G Security-enabled Distro Group Members Can't Access Associated Group Mailbox Using Outlook 1
B 2003 >> 2010 outlook today security changes (Iframes? Href?) Using Outlook 1
H Microsoft outlook security notice Using Outlook 2
B Re: The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. The Using Outlook 4
L Need to Override Outlook 2007's security Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R outlook macro security issue Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
J Using Group Policy to control Outlook security/attachments behaviour Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Programmatic Access Security Pop up with Wordeditor Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
T How to get MailItem.Body without security warning in Outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Application_ItemSend not firing even with low security Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook 2003 macro security problem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
C security window Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Security Restriction Seriously Hampers Outlook Automation Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Custom Task form - security Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
P Outlook security prompt after installing Add-in Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
H How turn off outlook security warning dialog box from outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Stopping that security warning Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S how to disable security message in save attachments macro "A programis trying to access e-mail addre Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S Security exception while opening custom outlook form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C how to disable outlook security messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M EMail viewing security levels BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J Outlook 2010 seems to hang when left inactive for a while Using Outlook 1
R I have imported a .pst file into my outlook and I cannot locate it. It seems to be in my main Inbox Using Outlook 1