Registry cannot be found, Outlook Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

noshairwan

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 64-bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I'm trying to access my outlook inbox message body via Python. However, it prompts me every time i make a call to it (to either allow to deny). The solution i found online was to edit the following registry.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\xx.0\Outlook\Security
I have outlook 2013 (so xx.0 should be 15.0). However, I am unable to find this key. There is no 15.0 under the Office key.
Is there somewhere else I should look? Or do you know another method by which I can access outlook message body via python?
I'm running windows 7 enterprise edition
NOTE: I don't have admin access on this computer as it is a work computer.

If you have a valid and up-to-date antivirus, Outlook shouldn't bring up that dialog. File > Options > Trust Center - under Programmatic Access what does it say?

2019-11-19_07-57-07-0000.png

As for the key...
If the key does not exist, you need to add it - and since keys are not added to the policies path by default, you'll need to create the path.
However, your admin will need to make the change.

First, consider that the key may not be there because it doesn't need to be there. You don't have any policies currently, so there's no need for the keys. In other words, you'll need to create them.
Second, use ProcMon to watch your Outlook process and see exactly where it's looking for keys like this. You might need a SysWow64 somewhere in that path. Procmon's the quickest way to find out.
Finally, you should clarify which API you're using here. Likely choices are either Simple MAPI or the Outlook Object Model. If the latter, then the proper way to avoid security prompts is to keep you Antivirus up to date since that's what Outlook checks before deciding to prompt. If you're using the OOM and getting prompts, you should check the Trust Center in Outlook to see if what it says about Programmatic Access.
Hope this information helps you!
Regards,
Lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Is it no longer possible to suppress Outlook 2019 Invalid Certificate name mismatch security alert via Registry? Using Outlook 1
O Backup Office settings - registry key Using Outlook 5
Bri the Tech Guy Registry Tweak to make "Run a Script" Action Available Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Contact Page 2 Combobox via Registry Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
D Updating Registry to force new task and note items to save in a particular folder Using Outlook 1
R Outlook Cache Mode Terminalserver disable through Registry Using Outlook 1
D Confirming Exchange account in registry Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 registry hack - delete emails - Google Apps Using Outlook 0
R Change Outlook 2010 Exchange server address via registry or script Using Outlook 5
D Disable Junk Email in the Registry? Using Outlook 8
M inquiries registry with Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P Cannot understand how to use Favorites Using Outlook 4
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
J Cannot edit a calendar event received as an invitation Using Outlook 2
humility36 Cannot move emails to archive - 440 error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L I Cannot Sign Into My Outlook Account? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
CWM550 This rule has a condition that the server cannot process? Using Outlook 1
U Outlook on the iPhone cannot approve filtered Emails Using Outlook 0
Horsepower Cannot delete gmail in iPhone Outlook outbox Using Outlook 1
K Daily Task List Minimized Cannot Display Using Outlook 5
O The linked image cannot be displayed Using Outlook 2
C "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file location" Using Outlook 1
B IMAP server rejects sent email - cannot deliver messages Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2021 Cannot open attachments Outlook DeskTop 2021 Using Outlook 0
S Cannot print Contacts Using Outlook 7
J VBA Cannot programmatically input or change Value for User Defined field Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 Cannot edit Calendar entries in OL 2010. Using Outlook 1
O Cannot expand the folder. The set of folders cannot be opened. You do not have permission to log on. Using Outlook 1
N Item cannot be saved because it was modified by another user or window, and, Item could not be moved... Using Outlook 0
D Cannot populate certain UserProperties in Outlook from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook 2016 64bit, Cannot Save in 'HTML', format Using Outlook 1
D cannot view emails in View pane (in the right pane), I only see one line or nothing Using Outlook 21
M Cannot read the calendar Using Outlook 9
T The Linked Image Cannot Be Displayed in Outlook Using Outlook 7
D Outlook 2016 Outlook Error Msg "The operation cannot be performed ..." How to Stop it Using Outlook 4
S Custom Field Cannot Be Displayed In Views Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Cannot Move Autocomplete File to New Computer Using Outlook 15
rubaboo The vew cannot be found Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Cannot copy this folder because it may contain private items Using Outlook 0
L Cannot open PST file for first session each day Using Outlook 6
David in Mississippi New (Feb 2020) install of Outlook 365 - Cannot specify PST for different accounts Using Outlook 0
Marc2019 Need help please! Cannot Setup my outlook email account on my Mac Outlook 2011 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
Marc2019 Cannot input Vietnamese Characters on my MSOutlook 2016 in Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
T Cannot remove needless PST Using Outlook 1
Marc2019 Cannot setup Outlook Account on Mac Os 10.6.8 Using Outlook 3
N pst files are recreating automaticaly and cannot be deleted Using Outlook 5
Mark Foley Cannot enable add-in in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
T "cannot find the calendar folder for this item" - calendar items stuck in outbox Using Outlook 0
A Created a new user account and the local account cannot see email Using Outlook 3
iwshim outlook 2013 - I cannot see the "Manage Add-ins" Using Outlook 2